E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > M3 > M Sport Front Bumper

05-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 Coupe

M3 > M Sport Front Bumper

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 E92 Coupe Msport, I can see the small differences in the front bumper in the middle section, the M3 turns back in towards the kidney grilles whereas the Msport points outwards to the headlights, but apart from that the bottom profile is very similar.
What I'm wondering is that there is lots of cracking front splitters for the M3 bumper that don't get listed for the Msport but I'm thinking they might fit. Has this been tried b4 I decide I just need to buy a M3 front bumper also.

Thanks
Davie
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Pioneer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 320d M sport

There is a nice front lip made for the m sport now. look for arkym or something like that in the photo/gallery section but it will cost a fortune to buy it never mind ship it from america. It looks really good though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
M3 front bumper will not fit a standard car - the bonnet and wings are slightly longer which will result in the shut lines mis-aligned.

This was done on purpose by BMW to stop M parts being fitted to the lesser models.

You can get imitation M bumpers that have been engineered to fit the standard car but not sure how well they fit and because they will be narrower (to fit a standard car), the splitters designed for the M3 prob won't fit?

I think it will depend on what type of splitter you want to fit the standard car - my M3 has the VRS type splitter on it and it is very shaped and defo would not fit anything other than the M3 - some of the mor generic type splitters that provide a flat lip under the bumper 'may' fit but if I was you I would be looking at one to fit the M sport bumper properly.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Davie Msport
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 Coupe

thanks to you both.

I didn't realise the standard M3 bumper wouldn't fit straight on (except maybe having to also buy the bumper carrier), i was considering buying one from ebay then going for the splitter to fit to that. the spitter i like is actually one you have on yours M3-fast (nice car by the way ), I'm not to fussed by the flat ones under the bumper, prefer the ones that sit front edge and follow the contours and also jut out out and down to give that low aggressive look.

thanks
Davie
Appreciate 0