E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > heated steering wheel with m-sports package....

05-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
kfarouki
Registered
Rep
Drives: '07 550 6-speed, e93 on order

heated steering wheel with m-sports package....

Hello:

I just today ordered my 335 convertible with m-sports package among other goodies. I currently drive an e60 '07 550i 6-speed. I was very discouraged to learn that on the e93 I can get a heated steering wheel OR the m-sports package. Obviously, the m-sports package was required.... but now I'm bummed not to have heated steering. (Top down in the cold months here in Seattle, the heated steering is premiere).

Does anyone have any experience getting BMW to build the m-sports package with a heated steering wheel? In the alternative, a forum search found a couple of posts of people trying to go with a heated steering wheel after the fact, but I didn't find any successful accounts.

Placed the order earlier today.... so if there's a tweek I'll need to make, it will need to be in the next couple of days. Any help appreciated.

Exciting times. This will be my first 3-series (have a 5 and had a Z3 3.0)...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
sjones0812
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328ic

My e93 order got stuck from the March changes.... I have a sport package with heated steering wheel ordered that got cancelled.

I how have in my driveway, M sport no heated wheel.

Love the car, and am very happy with what I picked.

I figure for the small number of times a year I might use the heated wheel, the M sport makes up for it.

Good luck with yours.