BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Working from home/advertising

05-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Working from home/advertising

So I would like to get a job where I can work from home through my computer. I have heard of people doing customer service from their computers. I would like to do it on weekends for "MOD" money. My wife says I can't waste money my car so I figure this would be a easier way. Anybody know of any companie that aren't scams? I also heard about mobile advertising. Where you put a sticker on your car and drive around. Any information would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
///MC
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Wifey works for a company called Arise doing customer service when the baby is sleeping. She is 1099 and has a lot of freedom with it. Nice extra spending money for her.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

My friend Sean paid for his motorcycle while he was still in school by doing customer service from his home computer in his spare time. All you need is a computer with like windows 98 (his is a POS) and they give you a headset and program to install to accept calls and log your hours. Not too much training either. I'll ask him about it and let ya know what he says.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Is the Google AdSense work legit?

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List

Pick up an Indian accent tinged with American idioms.

Pick up an unlikely Western name for an Indian (Joshua and Brandon comes to mind)

Be very polite and never get pissed at rude people.

......Profit.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MC View Post
Wifey works for a company called Arise doing customer service when the baby is sleeping. She is 1099 and has a lot of freedom with it. Nice extra spending money for her.
Thanks I will be checking that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
My friend Sean paid for his motorcycle while he was still in school by doing customer service from his home computer in his spare time. All you need is a computer with like windows 98 (his is a POS) and they give you a headset and program to install to accept calls and log your hours. Not too much training either. I'll ask him about it and let ya know what he says.
Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post

Pick up an Indian accent tinged with American idioms.

Pick up an unlikely Western name for an Indian (Joshua and Brandon comes to mind)

Be very polite and never get pissed at rude people.

......Profit.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutballa View Post
Is the Google AdSense work legit?
Yes and no. Affiliate marketing is great in theory, in that it displays ads relevant to content, and thus providing a more efficient allocation of advertising funds by increasing the probability that the ad is reaching the target demographic. It's legit in the sense that it can earn you real money.

Unfortunately the reality is that quite often people simply create blogs or websites with a narrow focus for advertising purposes rather than for the purpose of providing a useful resource. Content is re-posted and re-organized from a variety of places, often without authorization, cluttering and damaging search results for organizations who actually originate the content, for the sole purpose of generating ad revenue. There is actually a huge thread on Bodybuilding.com forums about this, which is telling, as the focus of this thread is not how to provide original and usable content, but how to generate views and make pages more appealing to advertisers, thus collecting the commissions for sales in which they had no part in creating.

It's redundant, excess noise. The more and more it gets abused the less and less advantageous it is, until it will get to the point where other forms of spam are. Cheap, quick, and overall ineffective.

Last edited by BTM; 05-04-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0