E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Some power increase clarity

03-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
335iLondon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Msport

Some power increase clarity

Can you view the attached?http://http://www.n54tech.com/forums...6&d=1300944986

Am I right in thinking as I require any sort of tune to not limit the engine from normal safty checks, the JB4 lacks the ability to read throttle blade posision and the length of time the actuators are open?

Would this, given issues with actuator reliability of function, in the past on earlier cars not mean that a Flash tune would be preferable?

(discounting any cost of the tune implications)
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
neil@JuicedUpTuning
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

That comparison sheet started out comparing the JB3 and updated when the JB4 was released. Its compiled by a third party and I think its confusing. It doesnt reflect all the JB4 features...

JB4 reads all possible CAN parameters including throttle and wastegate duty, as can be seen on the the logging interface (see pic below)

The safety features Includes lean run protection, fuel pressure low protection, excessive duty (boost leak) detection, Cold Start Mode, Oil and water temp protection etc etc.

JB4 excessive boost protection is monitored and controlled by the JB4 software and hardware built into the unit. The hardware physically prevents too much boost and protects the turbo's.

Heres a screen shot of the JB4 control and logging software. In the picture you can see the toggle buttons for turning on and off a large number logging parameters/values the JB4 reads...

CanBus Definition

CAN Bus is a wiring system used to connect intelligent devices such as Electronic Control Units (ECU's) on vehicles, allowing data to be transferred in a low-cost and reliable manner. CAN means 'Controller Area Network' and was developed by Bosch in 1980.

Last edited by neil@JuicedUpTuning; 03-27-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0