E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > my 330xi has euro not US wiring for MRS system, weird or no?

03-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
jane
Rep
Drives: 330xi 06

my 330xi has euro not US wiring for MRS system, weird or no?

purchased as CPO from BMW dealer in US. I thought the US has definite specs when it comes to airbag-related safety features and that related wiring must be US. Took dealer over six weeks to correct wiring but is it possible that car should not have been sold in US with MRS with euro wiring in the first place?

Also, could euro wiring effect other components such as headlights? Might it explain why the light output is poor and headlights point down and not ahead?

any input appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

I've seen weirder in a used car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #3
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

euro wiring?

what was wrong with it in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
pengful
Gearhead
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E90 - 320i Black-on-black

How do you know which is euro wiring and which is us wiring? Anything wrong with it?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
jane
Rep
Drives: 330xi 06

Re 2006 xi sport package:

initial problem: airbag warning light went off for no reason (when car was started after it had not been driven in a while)
fault code 93c3
d6577
power/signal to pin 47 not present. Not sure what any of this means.

Had to replace seat wiring, seat mat, airbag control unit,yellow/white wires from seatmat to main connector were spliced into red/white wire and repaired.

The BMW dealer repair invoice has over two dense pages of problems/diagnostics/repairs and specifically states that MRS wiring was euro, not US, according to BMW field engineer, who looked at car at dealer's request when standard reprogramming/replacement efforts were unsuccessful.

It took BMW dealer over six weeks to fix problem with the help of the BMW field engineer

Car problematic re everything headlight-related (xenon light output/height/adaptive) so I thought maybe euro wiring/specs possibly related somehow.

Other problems too.

Just wondering how euro wired vehicle ended up being sold by supposedly reputable US BMW dealer both originally and as CPO, especially after the dealer (not the one who fixed it (who probably took a big loss) -- thank you Bayside!) - but the one who sold it to me (Rallye ) must have known airbag wiring was euro and problematic since original owner had airbag warning light issues too.

Come to think of it....the last service visit before the original owner decided to bail was for airbag warning light issues. Hmmm. Rallye probably never fixed it right and instead certified car as cpo and dumped problem on me (and Bayside, who eventually did fix it right).
Appreciate 0