E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Xenon ice blue angel eye upgrade

03-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
lummers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i m-sport coupe

Garage List
Xenon ice blue angel eye upgrade

Hi guys,

I was thinking of upgrading my angel eyes and saw these on e-bay: H8 35W XENON ICE BLUE 7500K ANGEL EYE BULBS. These are from a company called ALLTRONIX LIMITED,was wondering if anyone out there has purchased these and has any feedback on what they are like....or do you think it's worth gambling a tenner for them??

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
kdiz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE

Garage List
some that people use are the LED h8s from HIDS DIRECT, they might be a safer bet
      03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

bro dont even bother with them first of all its from a company which isnt well known and its a H8 normal bulb i went down the same route but with a well known company called GP Thunder ordered mine from America for about £13 but because they're normal H8 bulbs they will dim down once you turn your dipped angels on or your xenon's and thats the problem with all H8 Bulbs in our cars what you want is a LED based bulb with a H8 fitment you get them on ebay too but the ebay ones their ballasts arent that great and after time the angels tend to lose their colour to like a 'dirty white' colour the best LED based ones you can get are from America i personally run the RD LED angel bulbs but my first pair only lasted just over 2 months but they had no colour loss however they started to flicker, im on my second pair (1 year warranty from e92-lighting.com) and its been nearly two months now on this pair so im waiting to see how long it'll last me but they look really nice and i get lots of compliments however when it comes to fogs buying these normal H8 bulbs are fine because fogs dont dim and with the normal bulbs regardless of colour/make you wont get errors and they tend to last very long so at the moment im running RD LED angel eyes 7300k and GP Thunder fog lights at 8500k and they both give off a nice blue'ish hue if you want whiter angels i suggest going for the LUX 8 angels but they're like double the price near £180 but apparently last longer too than the RD's!

Hope that helped and take it from me i've gone through lighting hell and will probably resort to stock angels and fogs once all these lights go out and my warranty ends in August! lol
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
lummers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i m-sport coupe

Garage List
Oh well never mind,looks like i'll be sticking to the original ones that's in,but thanks for the info
Appreciate 0