Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Can it be? HRE Performance Wheels Now Available Through TireRack.com

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
bojinns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86

Can it be? HRE Performance Wheels Now Available Through TireRack.com

From HRE Website - Apologies if I'm out of line.

HRE Performance Wheels Now Available Through TireRack.com
By admin, February 15, 2011 in Latest News Uncategorized | 0 Comments
San Diego, Calif. (February 15, 2011) - HRE Performance Wheels today announced that Tire Rack, one of the nation’s largest online retail tire and wheel dealers would be offering premium forged HRE wheels to its customers. This new offering allows consumers the unique opportunity to order HRE’s advanced custom performance wheels through one of the most trusted online retailers in the aftermarket business.

“We are thrilled and proud to work with a family-owned business like Tire Rack, known for offering superior customer service, product testing and fitment knowledge,” said HRE Wheels CEO Chris Luhnow. “HRE prides itself on representing those same core values, from our use of motorsport competition as a test bed to our dedication to the highest standards of quality and service. What’s most exciting about this announcement is that customers in areas that previously did not have an HRE dealer will now have access to Tire Rack’s nationwide network of independent recommended installers.”

Tire Rack will begin selling HRE forged Monoblok wheels immediately, including custom fitments for most popular sports cars, luxury cars and SUVs. A variety of Monoblok styles are available, including the iconic P40 “mesh” wheel, multi-spoke, five-spoke and split-spoke designs. All HRE Custom Forged Monoblok wheels are machined from a single block of forged aerospace grade 6061-T6 aluminum, featuring motorsport-inspired designs and are hand-built to exacting standards. A wide array of custom finishes are also available.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojinns View Post
From HRE Website - Apologies if I'm out of line.

HRE Performance Wheels Now Available Through TireRack.com
By admin, February 15, 2011 in Latest News Uncategorized | 0 Comments
San Diego, Calif. (February 15, 2011) - HRE Performance Wheels today announced that Tire Rack, one of the nation’s largest online retail tire and wheel dealers would be offering premium forged HRE wheels to its customers. This new offering allows consumers the unique opportunity to order HRE’s advanced custom performance wheels through one of the most trusted online retailers in the aftermarket business.

“We are thrilled and proud to work with a family-owned business like Tire Rack, known for offering superior customer service, product testing and fitment knowledge,” said HRE Wheels CEO Chris Luhnow. “HRE prides itself on representing those same core values, from our use of motorsport competition as a test bed to our dedication to the highest standards of quality and service. What’s most exciting about this announcement is that customers in areas that previously did not have an HRE dealer will now have access to Tire Rack’s nationwide network of independent recommended installers.”

Tire Rack will begin selling HRE forged Monoblok wheels immediately, including custom fitments for most popular sports cars, luxury cars and SUVs. A variety of Monoblok styles are available, including the iconic P40 “mesh” wheel, multi-spoke, five-spoke and split-spoke designs. All HRE Custom Forged Monoblok wheels are machined from a single block of forged aerospace grade 6061-T6 aluminum, featuring motorsport-inspired designs and are hand-built to exacting standards. A wide array of custom finishes are also available.

This is REALLY bad news for every HRE reseller.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Pretty cool, but unless they mark them down 85% or so, I still won't be able to afford them haha.

I was just as surprised when Tire Rack started selling Volks.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
TypicalCat
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

yea... i dont think this is going to change much... 5k + is still 5k+ no matter where you get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Got Euro ?
Here Comes The Boom
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

HRE= garbage
      02-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
vincentvega222
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz View Post
This is REALLY bad news for every HRE reseller.
Or it could be good news for us because other resellers will be forced to mark down! When I say us I mean u guys and not me I cant afford it anyways lol
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Plus, I've talked to guys that have had HRE's, Iforged, CCW's and other wheels and HRE is by far the most expensive and also hardest company to deal with. I think I'd buy two sets of CCW's for the price of one set of HRE's.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Euro ? View Post
HRE= garbage
How do you figure that?

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
bojinns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E86

IMHO - almost any forged wheel = sex!

HREs due to pricing may be considered exclusive..I'm excited because I'm hoping with the addition of tire rack as a vendor (especially LARGE vendor)...the prices will be somewhat driven down due to increased competition...they'll still be pricey, but a couple hundred off msrp here and there is good no?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #10
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Nothing official yet guys, but I'll be making an announcement with more details when I can. HRE's web site is a tiny bit premature in the announcement. In the meantime please hold questions until I'm able to release the info. What I can confirm so far is that I will be able to order and sell some 1 piece (aka Monoblok) wheels in some finishes. As others have stated, these are high quality high end wheels (and are priced accordingly).

The web site will also be updated here once they are available to view :

Wheels
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...eels/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #11
saskadave
Rep
Drives: 2009 535xi

They're on the tirerack website now

I was able to bring them up when searching for wheels on an m3 but not for a 335. The HRE p40s in 19's are $1350 each.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
Got Euro ?
Here Comes The Boom
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuo View Post
How do you figure that?
From experience ...and from experience from other people that showcase their vehicles at shows. Plus there is other info about them that i will not mention .
      03-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Thus far it is taking longer than expected to complete our list of fitments. They did get the last of the M3 fitments done earlier this week, but I'm still waiting for other 3 series fitments.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
thats pretty cool
      03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
Thus far it is taking longer than expected to complete our list of fitments. They did get the last of the M3 fitments done earlier this week, but I'm still waiting for other 3 series fitments.
So you won't be able to do custom orders regarding offset and finish?

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
So you won't be able to do custom orders regarding offset and finish?
Unfortunately not as of yet. Perhaps down the road though.

Appreciate 0