E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What do you do if dealer ordered wrong options?

02-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

What do you do if dealer ordered wrong options?

I sat down with my sales guy and we ordered Premium, Convenience, DCT, HK, and iPod/USB 335is. He pulled a car order that was already out there and modified it but BMW USA was not updating with my features. One thing that stood out was that the HK was not on there. He assure it was added. The car has been built.

When I look, there is comfort access only. I noticed that the Premium package breaks down whats included. So I assume if Convenience was there it would break down what was included and its not there.

So this means that he added comfort access only which was on the car order he pulled and attached my name to it! I assume if Convenience package was there it would show that I was getting power rear shade, parking sensors, and alarm right?

So now what? If I accept the car, I'm paying $1k for features I'm not getting? Also I don't get the features. I wanted the parking sensors and rear shade. If I cancel, then what happens to the $1500 holiday cash and DCT tranny credit? Would they be able to correct for these features post production? I assume not.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Dude that sucks. I hope you get it all sorted out.

Can they install Hk at the dealer or is it factory only?

I would def see if you can get them to comp you a significant package of some sort. That's pretty messed up
      02-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Wingman335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

Is the car already at the dealer? Did he give you a Vehicle Inquiry Report, and if he did, does it have all your options listed?

Or are you going by what the BMWUSA website states? If so, then don't sweat it- the website is almost never correct. Your car will be built to the specs listed out on the inquiry report.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

I recommend the good-old RPG through the showroom plate glass!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

When was the car ordered? The BMW website takes a while to update with the modifications sent by the dealer. Ask the dealer to send you a fax from their system showing the production # and the options you requested.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X4

First Off, I'd call the dealer to find out if the information you are looking at is incorrect. If it is, I would do 2 of the following:

1. Accept the new car without what you wanted have the dealer deduct the items from your price with another 500-1000 off the price for pain and suffering.

2. Have the dealer order you a new car, and get the pricing you were offered honored. its the right thing to do.

As an FYI, I have a 328xi sedan on order with the convenience package and it shows on BMWUSA
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As you can see below the Convenience package comes up but my Value package does not but the dealer told me its there. So maybe BMWUSA is screwed up.... Hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

If you didn't get the options that you wanted, why would you take the car?? You'll end up regretting it if you did.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

parking sensors and a sunshade you will regret? Especially if the dealer did screw up and is willing to take the hit to satisfy the customer and take an additional 1000 off?

guess its up to each individual
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
Wingman335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzboy429 View Post
As you can see below the Convenience package comes up but my Value package does not but the dealer told me its there. So maybe BMWUSA is screwed up.... Hope this helps

Oh that thing is never right! Don't go solely based on the info from this website.

Mine was also completely off, even till the day I picked it up at the dealer. The car came with the options I had asked for, even though the website showed a different color of car with random options!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
RFGuy_KCCO
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BSM/SO

Garage List
Don't trust the website. The website was missing several of my options, but all were there when I picked her up.

If the car arrives at the dealer without the options you want, just don't take delivery of it and make them order another car with the options you want. You'll have to wait even longer, but that's better than paying ~$60K for a car that you aren't 100% happy with. Plus, they will probably give you a bit of a discount for the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
Mike D.
Private
Rep
Drives: '10 Boxster

As others have said, the website is always off. In fact, my dealer modified my car from an existing, and when the modified car finally showed up on the website, it looked like it was missing HK. I called the dealer and freaked, and he assured me it would be on there. It was.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
As others have said, the website is always off. In fact, my dealer modified my car from an existing, and when the modified car finally showed up on the website, it looked like it was missing HK. I called the dealer and freaked, and he assured me it would be on there. It was.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #14
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
I recommend the good-old RPG through the showroom plate glass!
An excellent first step. As a second step: Don't worry about it. Of the two e90s I have ordered, the website is NEVER correct! For example HK did not show. As long as you have a copy of your order, you are good to go!

Has anyone ever received an option they DIDN'T order??

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
My dealer forgot to write down Logic 7 when I ordered my car, I had already driven off the lot when I found this out of course...

I made my dealership pay the price of Logic 7 to me so I could get an alternative stereo. I talked to the GM to do this and informed them my CA made a mistake and I wanted to be compensated for it or I would be a very unhappy customer that will eventually go to BBB and BMWNA.
      02-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Seriously, all you have to do is to tell the CA that the website doesn't agree with what was ordered, can the CA printout his/her screen and email it in a pdf?

Maybe things have changed in 4 years, but when I ordered my car, everyone said the BMW website is a POS and doesn't mean anything. Mine said black sapphire for about 3 weeks into the process, when my car is space gray.

The CA's screens are accurate, it's a different system.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #17
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer This View Post
If you didn't get the options that you wanted, why would you take the car?? You'll end up regretting it if you did.
Exactly. One guy said his Logic 7 was missing so he made the dealership pay him for it. That's an odd resolution, why would a dealership do that? The correct resolution is to get a car equipped properly. The way they handled it is unjust enrichment, doesn't make sense logically.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
+1
+2 you need to get the dealer to print it out off the dealer speed system - it is accurate - the website can be wrong even after you have the car, so put no faith in it and get the print out from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #19
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

If the dealer ordered the wrong options you would handle it the same way as if burger king screwed up your order, or amazon sent you the wrong order, or anyone that gave you something you didn't want or order. You honestly think your dealer would let you lose any incentives/promotions because of their screw-up? You think that a website controls over the paperwork you signed? Ok, so let's say the website is wrong, you wouldn't write a letter to your salesman and manager making them aware of this mistake? Ok, maybe you wouldn't write a letter to the cashier and manager of BK if they screwed up your whopper order, but you know what to do, I think you are just bored. Me too, that is why I am writing this rant at 8:42 a.m.. Ok, time to make some breakfast.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

Wife backed into fire hydrant in my last car.

If they take $1k off I would miss the features. When you have a kid in the back in summer time, rear shade is needed and when you wife backs into something and you have to re-paint your bumper at $1500, well sensors would be nice.
;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzboy429 View Post
parking sensors and a sunshade you will regret? Especially if the dealer did screw up and is willing to take the hit to satisfy the customer and take an additional 1000 off?

guess its up to each individual

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-13-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
aljlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d e90

as others have stated, to be absolutely sure the car that you ordered, you should ask your CA to provide you the car's build sheet and it should list every single option including option code and the status. it seems that the BMW USA website information isn't always accurate, so it's better going from the build sheet that is in the system since that is what was used to build the car. Once you have that and determine whether it is actually missing options you wanted, and if there are options that are missing, then you can go ahead and ask for either compensation for missing options or a new car that has all the options you want, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #22
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

Problem though

The buyers order paperwork I signed did not break down the items ordered and just the cost which is why I wanted a print out from his sales system and we matched invoice totals. He couldn't do that so he just quickly went out to BMWUSA and plugged in some options and printed it. He kept telling me BMWUSA would be updated to show all my options and still isn't up to date. When I went back to look at his last email that now showed the HK added, I just had noticed that I only saw Comfort Access and not Convenience package break-down.

I guess I took a "order and be patient" approach since we covered everything and came up with the same price for 335is, Premium, Convenience, DCT, HK, iPod, heated seats

I think the issue is that the car he pulled that was in the system only had premium, DCT, iPod, and comfort access to begin with and it wasn't modified properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
If the dealer ordered the wrong options you would handle it the same way as if burger king screwed up your order, or amazon sent you the wrong order, or anyone that gave you something you didn't want or order. You honestly think your dealer would let you lose any incentives/promotions because of their screw-up? You think that a website controls over the paperwork you signed? Ok, so let's say the website is wrong, you wouldn't write a letter to your salesman and manager making them aware of this mistake? Ok, maybe you wouldn't write a letter to the cashier and manager of BK if they screwed up your whopper order, but you know what to do, I think you are just bored. Me too, that is why I am writing this rant at 8:42 a.m.. Ok, time to make some breakfast.

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-15-2011 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0