E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > split armrest install, broke the little 'gear'

02-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
hdrewh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90

split armrest install, broke the little 'gear'

Just got around to installing my split armrest today, and in removing my old one, I neglected (didn't really know it was there) to remove the little 1/2 inch-wide round plastic piece whose job seems to be to help the "gear"s on the armrest progress smoothly when opening/closing.

The splines on the piece broke and while I installed it back in place for the new split armrest, I'd like to replace that part with a new one if possible.

In case I didn't describe this well, it can be seen right at 1:50 in this video (which I found after the incident):

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Spli...540/Video5-SD/

I checked realoem.com but didn't see the piece listed separately.

Any advice appreciated.

Howard

2009 E90 328i Montego Blue, Black Leather, 6MT, ZPP, Logic 7, HD radio, CA, fold-down seats, PDC. ED pickup 6/12/2009
mods: Koni FSDs, Eibach Pro's, Sport/Heated Seats, BMW Perf. short shifter, M-tech shift knob/e-brake handle/steering wheel, split armrest, black grilles, 50% tint, 3M clear bra.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
guerilla twang
I do my crosswords in pen.
United_States
Rep
Drives: OEM+ 330i

FWIW, i broke mine too, went through with the installation and the armrest works fine. If not, maybe you can get ahold of Tischer and see if they'll expedite a gear to you.
      02-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
hdrewh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90

update: I looked more closely in the bag that came with the split armrest, said bag containing the new spring mechanism, sho 'nuff, there's a new little gear piece in there too. Will be putting that one in, carefully, soon as I get around to it.

2009 E90 328i Montego Blue, Black Leather, 6MT, ZPP, Logic 7, HD radio, CA, fold-down seats, PDC. ED pickup 6/12/2009
mods: Koni FSDs, Eibach Pro's, Sport/Heated Seats, BMW Perf. short shifter, M-tech shift knob/e-brake handle/steering wheel, split armrest, black grilles, 50% tint, 3M clear bra.
Appreciate 0