Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help a brother out Very Confused

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
cat97628
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i sport 91' 325ic MTech

Help a brother out Very Confused

I have managed to confuse myself to no end about wheels and tires. I am getting ready to buy a 08's 328i CPO car with the 17" staggered style 161 sport wheels and brand new Bridgestone Potenza summer run flats. I will be picking this car up from out of state and will need to drive 300 miles back to Chicago. I am working with the dealer and they will mount either new tires on the existing wheels or a wheel and tire package I ship them. I am leaning towards buying wheels and tires due to the fact i drive around 20k miles a year and would like to be able to rotate the tires. I do know that the car does not have a spare so i will be getting the M Mobility pack for the trunk just in case. so I am leaning towards a set on 17's to get me trough the winter and maybe throw the summer setup on the car when it gets nicer. I started looking at Beyern wheels and really like the mesh style in 17x8 with 225/45/17 Conti DSW mounted on them. I am unsure of proper offset and what bore to go with. I believe using et40 all the way around with the 72 bore would allow for direct fitment. I am also looking at the TSW wheels but they do not list the bore spec. The TSW wheels are et35. Will wheel spacer be needed for any of these setups. I ran across a post here that said the rear 17x8.5 style 161 were really et 25 with a 12mm spacer is this true? I have found felgen katalog and it lists the fronts as 17x8 et 34 and the rears 17x8.5 et37. sorry long winded and thanks to anyone that can help
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Unless someone knowledgeable here can help you I recommend that you visit your local BMW Dealership and discuss the above with them. BMW wheels can be tricky and what you purchase may not fit your car.

I have 2 wheel sets (one for summer and one for winter). My winter set is 18x8 with Michelin ICE 225/40/18 NONE RFT tires on all 4 corners. I can tell you that NONE RFT are a difference like day and night and I highly recommend them. My summer tires will be NONE RFT and my RFT will be recycled

Good Luck

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0