E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 320d M / Wheel Alignment work done!

02-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
logyourbrain
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90/BMW320d/2010

320d M / Wheel Alignment work done!

Hello folks,

I've bought my BMW 320d M package almost a month ago. (Seoul, South Korea)

However, strangeily my car is leaning to right side while I was driving on the road. It was happened just right after I've got my car from my local dealership almost a month ago. I don't think you guys understood how much my car was leaning to right side so I prepared a picture over here.

As you can see in the above picture, my car was suddenly leaning to right side from perfectly normal status to approximately 120 degree left. Can you believe it? Of course leaning my car should be depended on the road condition and the tyre's status but my car was damn severed.

Due to this problem, I found several side-effects.

Firstly, driving isn't enjoyable. It is more like torturing myself. Because I don't have any idea when my car turns like a dancing star on the stage so I barely handled my steering wheel on the road. Secondly, it is terribly unstable when I was driving on the road with high speed. If I reached 90 m/h, I was truly scared so I had to slow down my speed otherwise I maybe get wasted with horror. Thirdly, fuel efficiency wasn't good enough. One of biggest reason why I bought 320 diesel sedan was economic issue. Diesel fuel is comparatively cheper than gasoline in S.Korea and diesel fuel's power is satisfied me when I drove with my first car Kia Sportage. However, my car's fuel efficiency showed me almost 3 miles per gallon so it was failed to make me satisfied perfectly.

So, I asked this leaning issue a guy who drives exactly same model with me and he said that

"320d M sports package got run-flat tyres so leaning to right side should be a cause of your tyre problem. So don't worry. It was perfectly normal."

Unfortunately, I can't 100% sure that his comment so I finally decided to check my alignment status so I went to tyre shop yesterday. (I didn't go to BMW's service centre because BMW's alignment machine wasn't too good enough than private shop's one in S. Korea)

Here is a tyre shop where I visited yesterday. I didn't know that but according to one of my friend, this tyre shop is very famous for motor sports junkies in this city.

Inside this shop, there are many tyres inside. (That wasn't my car in the above picture, oops) They are using scissors type lift from Heshborn and they are using HawkEye alignment machine.

According to mechanic, usually car's tyre should have fixed with straight status but my car's front tyre's alignment was totally toe-out status on right side. Therefore my car was leaning to right side on the road.

So, I asked him to fix my car's alignment correctly.

After I re-alignmented my car's fuel efficiency is greatly increase up to 4.2 miles per gallon. Of course, it wouldn't be only reason to fix alignment but handling my steering wheel is much easier and driving stability is totally better than past. So, if you guys would have a problem just like this, please go to tyre shop and get some alignment works from professionals, folks.

from S.Korea.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

nice post, thanks for sharing.