Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Bent Rim, Rial Salerno

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Bent Rim, Rial Salerno

Hit a pothole yesterday, Coming out the Lincoln Tunnel in Jersey getting onto the NJ Turnpike. Saw some bad road but couldn't see how bad cause it was night time. I hit it, drivers front, it hurt. Headlight seemed fine, no limp, was doing 80mph cruising along car tracked straight, no vibration in steering.

As i was washing her today I noticed a nice bend in the outside of the rim. The tire is holding pressure and I didn't feel anything yesterday. I'm wondering if I can fix this rim since it is a cheap winter rim. Can a bend just be cosmetic yet keep the rim true? Is there a higher chance of failure now?

What should i do?

Last edited by Coolieman1220; 02-06-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

$120 on tire rack for a new one! WIN, gonna try to get the city to reimburse me

http://www.comptroller.nyc.gov/burea...NYCBLA-PD3.pdf
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

I had mine straightened for $80 each but i had both left sides taken out. I have hit some more potholes but nothing as substancial as the first hit.

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
triger716
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E90

Does anybody know who else sells the Rial Salerno wheels besides Tire Rack? I hit a huge pothole I didn't see because it was raining at night and the pothole was filled with water and I bent two of them (badly) on the passenger side. Tire Rack is showing them out of stock (17x8 silver) until 4/11.

Gary if you happen to see this is there any way to get them sooner?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by triger716 View Post
Does anybody know who else sells the Rial Salerno wheels besides Tire Rack? I hit a huge pothole I didn't see because it was raining at night and the pothole was filled with water and I bent two of them (badly) on the passenger side. Tire Rack is showing them out of stock (17x8 silver) until 4/11.

Gary if you happen to see this is there any way to get them sooner?
There is a slim (but still possible) chance we could see a couple in a shipment due to us by months end. Shoot me an email with your contact info and I'll try to keep an eye out on that incoming shipment for you.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0