XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

02-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
mohd606
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M

Exclamation looking for performance parts for 2011 bmw x6m

hi

looking for performance parts for 2011 bmw x6m
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohd606 View Post
hi

looking for performance parts for 2011 bmw x6m
There's not too much available at the moment for the X6/M. All I can think of at the moment is exhaust from SuperSprint or Eisenmann and performance software from Active Autowerke.

The AA software adds 65bhp/55 ft lb of torque. For more info on the software, see below link

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...ware-p150.aspx

Here's some pics/vid of the Eisenmann exhaust. The exhaust by itself will add about 10hp/10tq approximately. Feel free to let me know if you'd like pricing on either . You can reach me by email at cal@sonicms.net or by PM.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
mohd606
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M

Thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5

Hamman do a kit that bumps power to 670hp, trying to find details on it now
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Gents

I just fitted supersprint cat less headers and did ESS catless header tune with their handheld flash unit

They loaded a 95RON map and a 100RON map

You wont get much additional power from axel back exhaust, maybe 5-8hp

The above has made unbelievable gains, car is a monster now compared to OEM

I am waiting for Akrapovic to launch their rear axel back system in May, merely for weight saving, aesthetics and sound.

The SS cat less Dps have made it sound really throaty. You can hear the turbos spooling up pretty loudly. At low RPM sounds like a turbo diesel

Hamann is making same power as me and changing the rest of exhaust doesn't aid in removing any other restrictive sections since there are only one set of cats in the V of the engine behind the turbos, and you won't believe how restrictive they are. Cant even see light through them, in reckon they are like 800 cell LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep

So your saying that your new setup is equivilent to the Hamann 670 kit.

Was you car dyno tuned or just a generic tune shipped over
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR View Post
So your saying that your new setup is equivilent to the Hamann 670 kit.

Was you car dyno tuned or just a generic tune shipped over
Hamman outsources it's software and is generic
ESS custom develops tunes in house and specifically developed the cat less header tune.

http://www.esstuning.com/categories/...52dSeries/X6M/

Hammann is just tune and exhaust also
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
deutschewurst
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Pure Metal Edition,

Ac schnitzer makes a boost module up to 650 bhp!

Nice
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Hamman outsources it's software and is generic
ESS custom develops tunes in house and specifically developed the cat less header tune.

http://www.esstuning.com/categories/...52dSeries/X6M/

Hammann is just tune and exhaust also
Thanks for the info mate, i take it the quoted power gains are on a stock car with no exhaust mods. 45hp & 110lbs is great but some what short of the 670hp of the Hamann kit, is the rest picked up through the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #10
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info mate, i take it the quoted power gains are on a stock car with no exhaust mods. 45hp & 110lbs is great but some what short of the 670hp of the Hamann kit, is the rest picked up through the exhaust
That's for OEM exhaust and 95RON tune
I can't find the map for catless supersprint/hammann headers but it was ridiculously higher

Now I have a 100RON tune and catless which what hamman have only 98RON tune.

My point is hamman can only rely on catless headers and tune to make power.
The rear exhaust boxes don't attribute for more than 10hp max.

So my ESS 100RON tune and catless is in same territory. You don't need the rest of system other than for looks and sound.

I will try and find the ESS catless map for you and post
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #11
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Also stock headers with the cats restrict top end gains drastically. You will see on the oem system tune the power jump is biggest between 3-5k at 75hp

When you look at the catless map tune transposed over the other the gains are more even all through the rev rnge and particularly on top. I believe peak gain is very close to 650 but again on 95RON fuel

Hammann are Euro based where 99RON and 101RON are avaiable all over the
place hence 670
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That's for OEM exhaust and 95RON tune
I can't find the map for catless supersprint/hammann headers but it was ridiculously higher

Now I have a 100RON tune and catless which what hamman have only 98RON tune.

My point is hamman can only rely on catless headers and tune to make power.
The rear exhaust boxes don't attribute for more than 10hp max.

So my ESS 100RON tune and catless is in same territory. You don't need the rest of system other than for looks and sound.

I will try and find the ESS catless map for you and post
So out of the Hamann exhaust and the supersprint catless headers what do you reccomend for the best power gains. Sound is not as important as get up and go all thought id still like it to sound nice...

Im looking for the best setup i can get, even if that means using different parts from different suppliers. I'm feeling it'll be beneficial to go with another tuner who can modify the tune when further mods are completed.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #13
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Also stock headers with the cats restrict top end gains drastically. You will see on the oem system tune the power jump is biggest between 3-5k at 75hp

When you look at the catless map tune transposed over the other the gains are more even all through the rev rnge and particularly on top. I believe peak gain is very close to 650 but again on 95RON fuel

Hammann are Euro based where 99RON and 101RON are avaiable all over the
place hence 670
So essentially catless headers & tune will push 650/670hp, down here in Australia we get 98ron in 90% of places and 100ron in about 25% with more to come online over the next 12 months.

SO the question is, whos got the best catless headers and who does the best tune. Is there anyone out there doing induction mods or something other than exhaust & tune upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #14
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
So essentially catless headers & tune will push 650/670hp, down here in Australia we get 98ron in 90% of places and 100ron in about 25% with more to come online over the next 12 months.

SO the question is, whos got the best catless headers and who does the best tune. Is there anyone out there doing induction mods or something other than exhaust & tune upgrades.
Supersprint makes for hamann so it's the same thing. In fact the catless headers are actually listed as a hammann part on their website

I don't know of any other catless headers on the Market for X6M

My feeling is ESS tune is the best for this car.

Akrapovic is launching their axel back system in May. For a better sound and aesthetics I will go that route. Probably get some more HP out of them also

Trust me my m is much much quicker with what I have now. Ad for much less. Headers are €1200 and ESS handheld is 2000 US
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #15
XRQTOR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Supersprint makes for hamann so it's the same thing. In fact the catless headers are actually listed as a hammann part on their website

I don't know of any other catless headers on the Market for X6M

My feeling is ESS tune is the best for this car.

Akrapovic is launching their axel back system in May. For a better sound and aesthetics I will go that route. Probably get some more HP out of them also

Trust me my m is much much quicker with what I have now. Ad for much less. Headers are €1200 and ESS handheld is 2000 US
Haha thats good to know, they prob 50% markup on the parts to.

I'm feeling the ESS tune could be tweaked if required due to more mods at a later date, i wouldnt think Hamann would be as accomodating.

I'll keep hunting prices and info. I got quoted $16,000 for the Hamann kit , if your making the same power with just catless headers and tune thats certainly alot better value...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #16
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Haha thats good to know, they prob 50% markup on the parts to.

I'm feeling the ESS tune could be tweaked if required due to more mods at a later date, i wouldnt think Hamann would be as accomodating.

I'll keep hunting prices and info. I got quoted $16,000 for the Hamann kit , if your making the same power with just catless headers and tune thats certainly alot better value...
Dyne graph is posted here for ESS tunes OEM, ESS tune with cats and then cat less

Huge difference on latter and this is 95RON fuel
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=473330&page=3

Euro supersprint cat less header €1200 US same unit is $2500 at cost!!!!

ESS sell the handheld unit which can accommodate 10 custom files

They sent me 95 RON cat less and 100 RON catless which they already developed for a client

The OEM exhaust only had one set of cats and the rest if the system is not restrictive. The rear muffler replacement will make a difference albeit small

The Hamsun tune is generic and inflexible and they are also quoting on the HFC connecting pipes which are expensive and not required unless you have emission controls that will cause you head aches. Hence the catless headers being the cheapest alternative on the SS website say "strictly for race use" like you gonna race a tank LOL

The full system is around €5000 with discounts as I posted in another thread

Cat less is also noisier to.

Hope this has helped you with a descision

Last edited by Bob MG; 02-13-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0