Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Sonic tuning wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Sonic tuning wheels

Has anyone had any experience with these, can't really find a review. The price is nice but just wanted to see if they were any good!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Can you post pictures or specs? Are they pressure cast, gravity cast, forged?

FWIW I was in their shop a few weeks back and they had some wheels on display for both BMW and Mercedes. They looked like OEM wheels from what I could tell and they looked very nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Interested in the same thing, not much info on these.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajduk View Post
PM Jose. They are a sponsor on here.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
kokopuffs405
Yup
Rep
Drives: BMW?

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
I had a set of their Matte Black St160s , 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 on my E46 M3

Great looking wheels, had no problems with them. Held strong.

Would definitely recommended them. Great price
      01-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Quote:
PM Jose. They are a sponsor on here.
I would, but I want a non-biased opinion. The supplier isn't going to tell me they suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would, but I want a non-biased opinion. The supplier isn't going to tell me they suck.
No but the supplier should be able tell you whether they are gravity cast, pressure cast, forged, what the load rating per wheel is, are they powder coated, TUV approved etc. This is useful information as it relates to the wheel's build quality and likely how durable the wheel will be over the long term.

Certainly user reviews are helpful, but if there are not a lot of reviews out there the chances are you will not get a broad enough range of reviews to provide you with the type of information you are looking for, which is where the details described above come will come in handy when making an educated decision as to whether a wheel is good quality or not. Just my $.02.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Hey - I have two sets

Sonic Tuning is really great actually. I saw they were local so I called them up and asked about their products. The wheels are pretty solid. I got csl low pressure cast from them for winter and bbs lm reps also low pressure cast for spring summer.

PM Jose if you ever have questions. He invited me to swing by and they are 100% legit. Everything is in stock so they are one of the better vendors IMHO.

I have the coilovers too - but dc roads suck to much to put them on at the moment. Come March/April its off to the autox and 1/4mile!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Quote:
No but the supplier should be able tell you whether they are gravity cast, pressure cast, forged, what the load rating per wheel is, are they powder coated, TUV approved etc. This is useful information as it relates to the wheel's build quality and likely how durable the wheel will be over the long term.

Certainly user reviews are helpful, but if there are not a lot of reviews out there the chances are you will not get a broad enough range of reviews to provide you with the type of information you are looking for, which is where the details described above come will come in handy when making an educated decision as to whether a wheel is good quality or not. Just my $.02.
I appreciate it, didn't mean to come across as a dick, but I wanted to hear from someone that has purchased and drove on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow335i View Post
Hey - I have two sets

Sonic Tuning is really great actually. I saw they were local so I called them up and asked about their products. The wheels are pretty solid. I got csl low pressure cast from them for winter and bbs lm reps also low pressure cast for spring summer.

PM Jose if you ever have questions. He invited me to swing by and they are 100% legit. Everything is in stock so they are one of the better vendors IMHO.

I have the coilovers too - but dc roads suck to much to put them on at the moment. Come March/April its off to the autox and 1/4mile!!!!
They are low pressure cast? Thought they would be gravity.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Did you also get the federal tires?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Some of the sets are gravity and some are low pressure. I went with the csl and lm because i knew they were low pressure cast. They'll order whatever tires you want. I didn't want the federals
Appreciate 0