E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Which Dealer??

01-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 330D Auto

Which Dealer??

My car needs some warranty work doing...Not satisfied with Sytner Harold Wood as they botched up my last few jobs...Can anyone recommend other dealers (preferrably near Harold Wood)?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Oh dear, may I ask if Harold Wood are aware that you're unhappy with the service? I'd appreciate your feedback if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me.

I'm based at Sytner Chigwell and I'd be more than happy to look after your car for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
OP, you have PM!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 33I M-Sport Dec'11

Its a shame you arent closer to Swindon as I cant recommend Dick Lovetts enough.
I have just got my E93 back after taking it in to have the rear tow bar blanking plate replaced as it fell off the car over the xmas hols and to have a rattle fixed, under warranty, that seemed to be moving all around the car. One minute it seemed to be coming from the roof and the next minute, the rear parcel shelf.

Admittedly, they kept the car for a week but they told me that they didnt want to release the car until they knew the rattle was definitely fixed. They agreed that they could hear a rattle but couldnt find where it was coming from and they agreed that it did seem to be moving all over the car.

Anyway, I got a 4.30pm phone call every day from the Service Reception team updating me on the progress of the work being done.

In the end it turned out that it wasnt just one rattle but three. One in the roof, one in the dash and one from the rear parcel shelf that all sounded the same.

They fixed all three rattles, painted and replaced the rear tow bar blanking plate at no charge as an gesture of good will and because they put 60 miles on the car during the road tests to fix the rattles, they stuck 15 quids worth of fuel in the tank as another gesture of good will.

Now thats what I call good service.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Originally Posted by atariboy View Post
Its a shame you arent closer to Swindon as I cant recommend Dick Lovetts enough.
I have just got my E93 back after taking it in to have the rear tow bar blanking plate replaced as it fell off the car over the xmas hols and to have a rattle fixed, under warranty, that seemed to be moving all around the car. One minute it seemed to be coming from the roof and the next minute, the rear parcel shelf.

Admittedly, they kept the car for a week but they told me that they didnt want to release the car until they knew the rattle was definitely fixed. They agreed that they could hear a rattle but couldnt find where it was coming from and they agreed that it did seem to be moving all over the car.

Anyway, I got a 4.30pm phone call every day from the Service Reception team updating me on the progress of the work being done.

In the end it turned out that it wasnt just one rattle but three. One in the roof, one in the dash and one from the rear parcel shelf that all sounded the same.

They fixed all three rattles, painted and replaced the rear tow bar blanking plate at no charge as an gesture of good will and because they put 60 miles on the car during the road tests to fix the rattles, they stuck 15 quids worth of fuel in the tank as another gesture of good will.

Excellent. Nice to hear.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

Thanks for posting...good to hear positve reviews for once!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
Oh dear, may I ask if Harold Wood are aware that you're unhappy with the service? I'd appreciate your feedback if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me.

I'm based at Sytner Chigwell and I'd be more than happy to look after your car for you.
PM sent...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Good to hear there are BMW dealers who can do a thorough job...

Reading these forums and based on my experience there dont seem to be many of them around...

Any comments on Sytner Chigwell... Dont mean to be rude Anneka but based on my experiences with Sytner (bought car from Sytner in Midlands) I am a bit wary... Neverthless I do appreciate you taking an effort to try and address issues @ Anneka...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #9
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

How far did you want to travel from where you are?

I used to be on very good terms with the service manager at Harold Wood, but he's left just before last summer I think. Also get on very well with the sales manager who is exceptional, always gives time to talk and helped me out with non sales related queries a few times too. I'm sure Wafik will echo this.

My experiences with Harold Wood have been generally good. There was this one creaking that took sometime to fix, but was fixed in the end. I suppose creaking/rattles can be difficult to fix and most times when the car is road tested it can not be replicated. When I tried to replicate it for them on a road test, and 4 out of 5 times it did not reoccur.

However a month later it returned, then the most reputed service centre fixed it (I went there because it was convenient at the time). They also fixed a couple of other niggles, I had to wait much longer than expected because a seat cover which had to be replaced was on back order for a couple of weeks (not their fault). I wasn't bothered either because I did not need the car, they delivered it back as well. Now the seat cover is slightly lifting away plus original creaking is now a rattle/thump, I haven't told them yet, so they're unaware that there is something that needs to be looked at, but I'm leaving both until some real work needs doing.

I have never told Harold Wood either about it.

However my gripe with any place is that, they won't often call you when you want to be called, I suppose they won't call unless they have a real update. Also there have been times where I might have said I had to call a company for an update, however in reality if I'd waited till a little most would have called anyway. In short how good a dealer is subjective to my own views.

As for Chigwell, they fitted an Alpine upgrade to my colleagues E90, replaced washer jets on my neighbours X5 even though I did it was his carelessness, PDI'd Mini JCW, serviced our E93 M3 and updated DCT software, and lastly did the 'snow flake/heater matrix' fix without any issues what so ever. However small gripe, they run a little low on the biscuits I like!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
However my gripe with any place is that, they won't often call you when you want to be called, I suppose they won't call unless they have a real update. Also there have been times where I might have said I had to call a company for an update, however in reality if I'd waited till a little most would have called anyway. In short how good a dealer is subjective to my own views.
I see your point Fly, but no call for three days (as is the case with Man33sh) isn't really acceptable, but we'll address that now that we're aware there is a problem with this.

Quote:
However small gripe, they run a little low on the biscuits I like!
.... oops
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
How far did you want to travel from where you are?

I used to be on very good terms with the service manager at Harold Wood, but he's left just before last summer I think. Also get on very well with the sales manager who is exceptional, always gives time to talk and helped me out with non sales related queries a few times too. I'm sure Wafik will echo this.

My experiences with Harold Wood have been generally good. There was this one creaking that took sometime to fix, but was fixed in the end. I suppose creaking/rattles can be difficult to fix and most times when the car is road tested it can not be replicated. When I tried to replicate it for them on a road test, and 4 out of 5 times it did not reoccur.

However a month later it returned, then the most reputed service centre fixed it (I went there because it was convenient at the time). They also fixed a couple of other niggles, I had to wait much longer than expected because a seat cover which had to be replaced was on back order for a couple of weeks (not their fault). I wasn't bothered either because I did not need the car, they delivered it back as well. Now the seat cover is slightly lifting away plus original creaking is now a rattle/thump, I haven't told them yet, so they're unaware that there is something that needs to be looked at, but I'm leaving both until some real work needs doing.

I have never told Harold Wood either about it.

As for Chigwell, they fitted an Alpine upgrade to my colleagues E90, replaced washer jets on my neighbours X5 even though I did it was his carelessness, PDI'd Mini JCW, serviced our E93 M3 and updated DCT software, and lastly did the 'snow flake/heater matrix' fix without any issues what so ever. However small gripe, they run a little low on the biscuits I like!
Updates!! You always need to call them for updates!! Waited till like 4.45pm the first time I left my car there...No update...Call them...No one picks up the phone...Turn up there to get the car off them...Well since then I make sure I call early...

Having said that the service manager the last couple of times has been decent...

I totally agree re: the sales people there (used car sales)...Forget the name of the guy I dealt with...he was brilliant...No pressure sales tactics...Got me to test drive the cars I had short listed...really wanted to get the car from them but they didnt have the right car at the price for me then...

As for rattles....Never had any rattles till the car went into Harold Wood Sytner...Its been there since...They sort one out and another one appears...Fed up now...Resigned to put up with the rattles and my wife takeing the mick(playing the stereo loud does help a little )...

Roads around here + RFT's dont help either...with the rattles...

Booking the car with Sytner Chigwell... Sort of close to where I work and Anneka seems to be on the case... So fingers crossed...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
flyfs6
Captain
Rep

Rattle or creaking?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep

rattle...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
flyfs6
Captain
Rep

Where from?

Edit - found this review from another X5 owner who recently bought another car:

As some might have come across in 3-series posts; my car has been in and out of Sytner Chigwell for the past fortnight having faults seen to under BMW AUC warranty.......or so I thought.

I can only commend Sytner for their help and proactive approach on the issues regarding my E46 330Ci vert. I bought the car from Cooper Norwich, who to be fair, were very good at the time with sorting out issues I had on the test-drive. However, subsequent to a 1.5k 'shakedown' from London to Scotland and back, i noticed a number of faults on the car which were to be rectified under AUC.

The faults were:
- transmission shunt on up changes - rectified by Sytner by way of EGS reprogram
- vibration on overrun - rectified by Sytner by way of balancing front wheels
- no TV reception - rectified by Sytner by replacing Video module paid for by BMW UK
- glazed discs - replaced by Sytner, but paid for by Coopers
- suspension rattle - to be investigated by Coopers
- battery on it's last legs - to be investigated by Coopers
- tear in rear tonneau seal - to be investigated by Coopers

So aside, from issues to be resolved by Coopers (battery can be resolved by BMW Uk once out of 30 day period) Sytner did a fine job in 'persuading' Coopers to cough up for the rectification work. Now fair play to Coopers for conceding, but I have to take my hat off to Sytner who worked on the basis that I was their customer and they were going to move heaven and earth to make sure I was happy. Particular thanks goes to Amy on the service desk who took on the ask and followed it through to the end to make sure I was satisfied.

Top job and confirms that I will be wholeheartedly recommending them to friends and family but also using them again for all work for the E46, even though I had originally planned on taking this car to Indies for work in future. The Four Year Plus deals, in my eyes, represent v good value for money.

Good one Sytner and thanks to Amy!

Last edited by flyfs6; 01-20-2011 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0