E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > FAO Captain Audio

01-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i

FAO Captain Audio

Perusing your posts, I took note of you swapping out factory struts for an aftermarket brand; perhaps it was Bilstein? It appears that you conquered the front end explosion issue by doing this.

May I ask which specific brand / model of tires have provided you the most comfort?

I'm putting Yokohama Envigors on my e90 sport unless there is a substantially better option??

All my research says they offer the best ride...
      01-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Bump for CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Perusing your posts, I took note of you swapping out factory struts for an aftermarket brand; perhaps it was Bilstein? It appears that you conquered the front end explosion issue by doing this.

May I ask which specific brand / model of tires have provided you the most comfort?

I'm putting Yokohama Envigors on my e90 sport unless there is a substantially better option??

All my research says they offer the best ride...
I replaced the shocks with KONI FSDs.

http://www.koni.com/190.html

They greatly improved the ride quality with no detriment to handling. In actuality the handling improved.

I replaced the RFTS with Pirelli P_Zero Nero non run flats on OEM Style 196 rims. They are the same size (18") as the style 189s that came with the car. They were much better than the OEM Bridgestones but other than those two I have experiece with no other tires on the E93.

With the FSDs the car still rode firmly and felt very planted but the "Explosions" when I hit a pothole, construction plate, etc. was gone and the car no longer bounced around on bumpy curves.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-05-2011 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0