E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Windows - will not work

01-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

Windows - will not work

Yes...I am looking through my manual now too...

But how do you reset the electric windows in our cars?

My window was just working fine, made a stop, got back in and closed the door. I felt I had not closed the door all the way, so I immediately opened it again and shut it. The door was in fact closed properly because the seat belt hand off had already started to move just as I opened the door again.

After the door was closed, I realized that my window is stuck in the full up position. The switches for both windows do not work. The remote will not open the windows, but will open the sunroof. So on this rainy day I have a partly opened window because it will not lower, allow the door to close, and then travel up to seal it.

Is there an easy way to resolve this? Secret code of holding the window switches down for X seconds to reset the mechanism? No fault codes, but obviously the car knows the windows aren't right because it's cut the power to them.

Help!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Andrew9931
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Did you ever resolve the issue? Same thing happening to my girl's car I assume a fuse is blown
Appreciate 0