E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Eyelashes and Angels.........

01-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Eyelashes and Angels.........

Been shopping cars for Mrs. Bargamon. Crossovers. Fooking boring ass cross overs. Favorite for the money was a Highlander Limited. She whats big but "Not too big".

This to replace our 7 year old Minivan. All the kids drive now.

What else does $36k buy?

She wants new. Ok.

German cross overs?

went to look at X3. they sticker at $36k and up.

Up is dam right. On lot was $45 to 53K! For an X3!!!!

I said "how bout a stripper?" She said "You'll need lots of one dollar bills to be entertained if you spend 36k on a car with no seat heater". Fair enough. She is not asking for GPS, Moon Roof, just a seat heater.

What else. Can get a Subaru outback all done up. Good utility, good MPG if you go 4cyl but I have a problem with taking a $24k car and adding 50% in cost to option up.

New TSX wagon. Bit small, front wheel drive. But on the list.

Audi A4 2.0 Avant. Starts at 36k but seat heaters are on Prestige plus which has GPS and we not really caring about that. Lists for $44k.

Found a 2010 prestige plus. Did some work, found out invoice and Audi cash to dealer with old friend in another city and got a brand spanking new for only $36k out the door. Doc fees included! Shipping included!

Eyelashes included!

I have had Audi's prior to 07' When I got my first BMW and forgot just how great they are. Had an Avant before and really enjoyed it. IT was a Biturbo 2.7 6pd manual Allroad. This has Tiptronic as its for wife and we have 3 manual cars already in the driveway.

Non Sport with all seasons. Its her car!

I don't really see the A4 as the 3 series compared. Its bigger. Im sure the new 3 series will be too. Reality is the 1 class BMW is the more traditional "3" size as the 3 has bloated over the years. Same as Audi, the A4 is the size if the older A6.

It has LED eyelashes.

Which one do I like better?

I like Apples and Oranges and get to eat both.

To those who cross shop I'd say it depends on the size car you need/want and the motor choice. They are distinct and very different. I am equal on the Avant to the 3 series BMW sport wagon, Prefer the A4 sedan over the 3 series sedan (if you need a sedan) but prefer the 3 coupe over the A5.

I guess the 3 series is next for a new model. I wonder if they are going to have a 4cyl choice?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

what about an Audi Q5?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Walk into or call 50 BMW dealers and offer them $36,000 + Tax and Tags and not a cent more to order the following configuration. The car below is close to but not at cost so they will be making a few hundred bucks, but you'll eventually get one or two bites.

Personally I would pay $36,600 and add split folding rear and comfort access, but that's me. You have to order the heated seats and steering wheel seperately or you'll have to add leather instead of leatherette and go above your budget.

Base MSRP $36,750

Alpine White $0

Black Leatherette $0

Silver Matte Trim $0

Heated front seats $500

Heated Steering Wheel $190

Power tailgate $500

Destination & Handling: $875

Total MSRP as Built: $38,815

Your offer: $36,000 + tax and tags

The new X3 is a phenomenal car and is huge compared to the old one. Your wife will absolutaly love it compared to all the other options you listed.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Walk into or call 50 BMW dealers and offer them $36,000 + Tax and Tags and not a cent more to order the following configuration. The car below is close to but not at cost so they will be making a few hundred bucks, but you'll eventually get one or two bites.

Personally I would pay $36,600 and add split folding rear and comfort access, but that's me. You have to order the heated seats and steering wheel seperately or you'll have to add leather instead of leatherette and go above your budget.

Base MSRP $36,750

Alpine White $0

Black Leatherette $0

Silver Matte Trim $0

Heated front seats $500

Heated Steering Wheel $190

Power tailgate $500

Destination & Handling: $875

Total MSRP as Built: $38,815

Your offer: $36,000 + tax and tags

The new X3 is a phenomenal car and is huge compared to the old one. Your wife will absolutaly love it compared to all the other options you listed.
Kind of a retorical question I asked.

The answer was: "nothing".

We looked at the X3. It was smaller than I thought it would be. MPG not as good as I thought it would be.

Damn nice vehicle no doubt.

Im kind of excited over the deal I got. Im not an amenity whore but I got a boat load for the price of a stripper.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

It doesn't matter if she drives a Pontiac Aztek. As long as it's not a Toyota... unless, you know, you have life insurance on her and want her to accelerate out of control.
Appreciate 0