E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > screen wash rip off

12-31-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

screen wash rip off

Ok have to vent.

Realised last night I had only 1 litre of BMW owns left so off I went to Sytner this morning to get hold of the 5 lite bottles them being most cost effective option. Being only £14 ex VAT its a good option to buying loads of 1litres.

Oh sorry sir we only have 1/2 litre so I can do these for you but it would cost more. err duh

So had to end up getting 4 1/2 litres to keep me going. Did not help having to explain to junior on parts desk that yes they are available and that he is looking at wrong part number as he was saying "screen displays only available for nordic countries".

Case of "Yes this one is different for colder countries - look again" eventually found it but still had to prompt it twice that I wanted them ordered even though I will also buy the 1/2 litres for now. Could not grasp why I wanted so much.

Well lets see if my headlight washers pop you want repair them free unless I use BMW fluid. Which due to the cold weather I have to mix almost 1:1 so yes I need loads of it you £"$"£$%"£$"£$.

You would think after all that "£$"£$ with the headlight washers BMW would overstock their screen wash. Turns out its 3 week wait as none in the country.
      12-31-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

This is what I got told last time I was at a Sytner too. I am going call my local (there's 2 actually) and see if either has 5L bottles.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

I'm not surprised at all! BMW haven't really got a leg to stand on with the headlight washers if you can but any fluid in the first place!!

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Might be worth ringing around as other dealers do seem to have the 5L in stock right now.

See my other post from yesterday for the part number if you need it
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

thanks its on order so should be fine but will call Barons next week see if they have any thought I doubt it
      12-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Shadow
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90

Picked up a 5L bottle from Eastern BMW earlier today, no problems (although it might have been the last one they had).
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Argh!!!

FUCKING SYTNER! That lot could give a fucking asprin a headache!!

I called up Harold Wood today and they said they had 1L bottles in stock only (possibly some 500ml too). Ask what time they were open until etc and left it at that.

I then called up Chigwell and left a message for parts but got no call back. Called Chigwell a few more times but never managed to speak to anyone but reception.

I needed to fill up so I figured I'd swing by Chigwell (in the hope that they may have 5L bottles but failing that I could always just grab a 1L or couple of 500ml bottles to tide me over).

Got there at 17.40 and the place was dead. Completely closed up. Now the chap I had spoken to on the phone 100% told me they were open until 18.00, so what gives?

I call them back and someone answers! So this is getting weird. The fucking asshole then proceeds to tell they're a call-centre service used when actual site lines are all busy/out-of-hours!!!!

FUCKING WANKERS!! If I had known Chigwell was shut I wouldn't have bothered but I explicitly asked the fucking knober on the end of the phone what time they were open until!!

I tell you, Sytner's only saving grace is Anneka. I think I'm going to boycott Sytner completely unless I speak to and arrange every transaction I want through Anneka from now on. She's the only person there that seems to have half a brain/eye to customer service. Every other fucker down there is a flipping moron...bar maybe one tech I met at HW who knew his shit.

Last edited by toxicnerve; 12-31-2010 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
i love these threads lol
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Argh!!!

I called up Harold Wood today and they said they had 1L bottles in stock only (possibly some 500ml too). Ask what time they were open until etc and left it at that.

I then called up Chigwell and left a message for parts but got no call back. Called Chigwell a few more times but never managed to speak to anyone but reception.

I needed to fill up so I figured I'd swing by Chigwell (in the hope that they may have 5L bottles but failing that I could always just grab a 1L or couple of 500ml bottles to tide me over).

Got there at 17.40 and the place was dead. Completely closed up. Now the chap I had spoken to on the phone 100% told me they were open until 18.00, so what gives?

I call them back and someone answers! So this is getting weird. The fucking asshole then proceeds to tell they're a call-centre service used when actual site lines are all busy/out-of-hours!!!!

FUCKING WANKERS!! If I had known Chigwell was shut I wouldn't have bothered but I explicitly asked the fucking knober on the end of the phone what time they were open until!!

I tell you, Sytner's only saving grace is Anneka. I think I'm going to boycott Sytner completely unless I speak to and arrange every transaction I want through Anneka from now on. She's the only person there that seems to have half a brain/eye to customer service. Every other fucker down there is a flipping moron...bar maybe one tech I met at HW who knew his shit.
Maybe try again next year mate.
      12-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:
Argh!!!

Although it's completely no use to you now, the Sytner Chigwell website says that all departments close at 1PM today, so looks like the guy who you spoke to did not have a clue.

http://www.sytnerchigwellbmw.co.uk/aboutus/

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Firstly I think we should all be enjoying our new years evening and looking forward to the new year. Its only screen wash!

Edit - just saw the post above.

How much do you use? I bought in August 2009 and the second one still hasn't finished. That's with several BMW's and at least 30000 miles.

There's a shortage of screen wash/anti freeze products everywhere, not just BMW. Off topic, but can you believe it that authorities in Moscow have run out of it, leading to airport closure's, left me stranded last week.

Nobody at BMW, down here at least keeps 5L's in stock. I got mine from Battersea parts and only because they already had the car for a few days. In fact they had the car for longer than expected, which meant I had to fly out leaving the car there ... they delivered it back in a faultless condition.

toxicnerve - if you're stuck you borrow some of mine for now.

Whilst I feel for you having travelled to the dealership, I think it was bad luck. Please don't flame me for saying what I'm about to. In a former life as a poor student funding my VR6's running costs , working in customer services for an investment bank I used to be sometimes tasked with calling customers back and the job just gets tougher before the holidays. I'm not surprised being new years you weren't called back in time and that there was nobody at the counter (parts closed early, rest of the dealership might have been open). They might actually have been doing some other work. Sounds like they were either short staffed or the call handler spoke for themselves.

Hand on heart, I've been less than impressed with certain people there in the past because I felt they didn't want me there (probably because I'm the picky, moaning, a++ of a customer).

But last week Maurizio in parts really came through by helping me fit replacement number plates because I wasn't happy with the way they fitted, he kept realigning them even after I thought they looked straight (should have commended his efforts sooner. Plus some other accessories ordered were not compatible (even though the computer said they'd fit). This after someone from Mini told me I should book the car in, which was a silly idea.

Same with a part for the X5, I provided the part number from the car, this had been revised but the newer part did not fit at all. I just put it down to one of those things and definitely not their incompetence (admittedly it felt that way at first).

Note to self: should stop spending monies on new cars and accessories.

Last edited by flyfs6; 12-31-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Maybe try again next year mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_330i View Post
Although it's completely no use to you now, the Sytner Chigwell website says that all departments close at 1PM today, so looks like the guy who you spoke to did not have a clue.

http://www.sytnerchigwellbmw.co.uk/aboutus/
Balls...

I looked here:

http://www.sytnerchigwellbmw.co.uk/parts/

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
How much do you use? I bought in August 2009 and the second one still hasn't finished. That's with several BMW's and at least 30000 miles.

Nobody, down here at least keeps 5L's in stock. I got mine from Battersea parts and only because they already had the car for a few days.

toxicnerve - if you're stuck you borrow some of mine for now.

Whilst I feel for you having travelled to the dealership, I think it was bad luck. Please don't flame me for saying what I'm about to. In a former life as a poor student funding my VR6's running costs , working in customer services for an investment bank I used to be sometimes tasked with calling customers back and the job just gets tougher before the holidays. I'm not surprised being new years you weren't called back in time and that there was nobody at the counter (parts closed early, rest of the dealership might have been open). They might actually have been doing some other work. Sounds like they were either short staffed or the call handler spoke for themselves.
fly, thanks for the offer! Should be ok for now, I topped it up last week. I go through quite a lot because I can't stand looking through a murky windscreen, in the conditions we've been having I tend to be give it a blast of the washers pretty frequently!!

My issue is that I called, spoke to someone that I assumed (wrongly as it turns out) was actually there. Asked what time they were open until (I know it's NYE, so obviously I checked) and the guy told me 18.00

It wasn't until I was at the dealership talking to somone else that they revealed they were an out of hours call centre and they didn't know what was going on at the dealership today. It's no big drama, just pissed me off a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post

How much do you use? I bought in August 2009 and the second one still hasn't finished. That's with several BMW's and at least 30000 .
Second what? second litre? Blimey!

I use mine sparingly and the tank empties every month or so, at the moment its 2 litres of screen wash per tank which last about 2 weeks.

But not had a single frozen jet, even on some -10 mornings.

Last edited by doughboy; 12-31-2010 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #14
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Second what? second litre? Blimey!

I use mine sparingly and the tank empties every month or so, at the moment its 2 litres of screen wash per tank which last about 2 weeks.

But not had a single frozen jet, even on some -10 mornings.
I think he means the 5L jobbies...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Angry

To be honest, I don't think it is fair to think ANY dealer would be open up until 6pm on NYE!!!

If I was DP I wouldn't be open anywhere past 3pm latest!

Anyway, I share your screenwash problems.........
      01-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
To be honest, I don't think it is fair to think ANY dealer would be open up until 6pm on NYE!!!

If I was DP I wouldn't be open anywhere past 3pm latest!

Anyway, I share your screenwash problems.........
That's my point though, I wasn't expecting them to be open, I checked (admittedly, the wrong part of) the website and I called to confirm...

The confirmation just happened to come from an external call-centre who had not been informed of the adjusted opening hours...that's my main issue!

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
That's my point though, I wasn't expecting them to be open
Hmmmmm me bad perhaps they decided business was slow and they decided to shut up shop and head for the nearest pub? Can't say I blame them, must be a horrible time of year to work in a stealership!