E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Deal-Breaker from CA tonight: What would you do?

12-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Deal-Breaker from CA tonight: What would you do?

I just called my CA to ask him about the pull ahead program and sign date for the holiday credit. (We made a deal a month ago, and he never mentioned any restictions about pull ahead program to pay last three months payment on my existing lease or any restrictions about sign date for holiday credit.)

He just told me that I need to return my current lease by January 3rd and I won't have a car between then and when my car on- order arrives. Let's see that again: He just told me that I would have to spring for a loaner for two weeks until my car arrives! I told him no deal unless he can figure something out or get me a loaner! I can't believe he is just telling me this now. I will see what he says tomorrow. We made a deal, and this is a major inconvenience. I won't pay extra for a mistake like this. I may have to find another car on the lot or look to another brand. If I stick with BMW, I will need to make a quick decision to take advantage of the holiday credit by the 3rd. What would you do???

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport

If the holiday credit expires on 1/3, obviously the deal needs done before that date. I think the pull ahead program is on-going but it can end at anytime also.

If you are leasing the new one you ordered, holiday credit or not would not matter that much, after 1/3 BMW will likely have a new program to replace the old and keep the lease payments in line. For example BMW could lower the lease rate to off set the lack of the holiday credit.

You just can't combine deals from two different months. We had another guy here complained about the same thing and the dealer ended up cancelling his order all for not understanding the rules and got upset for nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
If the holiday credit expires on 1/3, obviously the deal needs done before that date. I think the pull ahead program is on-going but it can end at anytime also.

If you are leasing the new one you ordered, holiday credit or not would not matter that much, after 1/3 BMW will likely have a new program to replace the old and keep the lease payments in line. For example BMW could lower the lease rate to off set the lack of the holiday credit.

You just can't combine deals from two different months. We had another guy here complained about the same thing and the dealer ended up cancelling his order all for not understanding the rules and got upset for nothing.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the rules. But I feel like I should not be stuck with a loaner cost for 2 weeks. As this was never part of our deal, and he is just telling me this now
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
E9tyx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550xi

Well if it is a car you truly desire than just wait the two weeks. It'll be here before you know it and you'll be so happy you waited. Just make sure you get a decently optioned loaner car to ease the burden...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9tyx View Post
Well if it is a car you truly desire than just wait the two weeks. It'll be here before you know it and you'll be so happy you waited. Just make sure you get a decently optioned loaner car to ease the burden...
Yea it was ordered just the way I want it. But I really think this is unacceptable. If the CA told me about these two things, I would have been prepared and planned accordingly. Now there's no time. Plus, why should I pay for their error?

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Countersteer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 M Sport Carbon Black

I don't see how this is an error. Looks like you expected a loaner but didn't verify. It's not the dealers responsibility to give you a loaner. Split the diff with him.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Yea it was ordered just the way I want it. But I really think this is unacceptable. If the CA told me about these two things, I would have been prepared and planned accordingly. Now there's no time. Plus, why should I pay for their error?
Certainly you do not want to turn your car in early because what if your new car is further delayed? Are you saying the dealer told you it would no longer honor your deal after 1/3 unless you turn your lease in? Why? Did you mean the pull forward program will end on 1/3?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exectrading View Post
I don't see how this is an error. Looks like you expected a loaner but didn't verify. It's not the dealers responsibility to give you a loaner. Split the diff with him.
The CAs error was telling me the car was going to be here at the end of the month. If the car arrived when he said, everyones happy. Now I would have to be without a car for two weeks. He says he will not pay for loaner or split the difference.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Certainly you do not want to turn your car in early because what if your new car is further delayed? Are you saying the dealer told you it would no longer honor your deal after 1/3 unless you turn your lease in? Why? Did you mean the pull forward program will end on 1/3?
He said pull ahead deal ends on the 3rd. This is one of the reasons I did the deal. Do you suggest I wait and see what the deals are after the 3rd and without pull ahead program? If he cannot accommodate a loaner, I am considering going elsewhere. The CA busted my balls earlier in the process for considering another car. Now he is not holding up his end of the deal. WHy should I go through with this when I am inconvenienced, he did not tell me all the details and I will ultimately end up paying more?

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Ask them to give you a loaner for two weeks. My dealership gave me a loaner for a week while I was waiting for my car to come in.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
Countersteer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 M Sport Carbon Black

Speak to the GM. I don't know what model your buying but in the end you lose if your not driving a brand new BMW. If the GM is not willing to help then buy from another BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Ask them to give you a loaner for two weeks. My dealership gave me a loaner for a week while I was waiting for my car to come in.
He will tell me tomorrow if he can get me a loaner. He said highly unlikely because all the loaners are booked for a month. Which is not good news... And he will not pay for a loaner from an outside vendor (which I would not expect. But a BMW loaner would fix this.)

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
He will tell me tomorrow if he can get me a loaner. He said highly unlikely because all the loaners are booked for a month. Which is not good news... And he will not pay for a loaner from an outside vendor (which I would not expect. But a BMW loaner would fix this.)

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #14
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exectrading View Post
Speak to the GM. I don't know what model your buying but in the end you lose if your not driving a brand new BMW. If the GM is not willing to help then buy from another BMW dealer.
Good suggestion. I'll see what my ca says tomorrow about loaner.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Rent a car for 2 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Rent a car for 2 weeks?
Yes, this would solve it. But remind me why I should be paying for a rental? Doesn't make any sense.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Rent a car for 2 weeks?
Yes, this would solve it. But remind me why I should be paying for a rental? Doesn't make any sense.
I assume your current lease is not going to end soon otherwise you wouldn't be talking about the pull ahead program. If so the main reason you want to use this program is you anticipate by the lease end you will go over the mileage limit. If this is not the case then there is no reason to let this be your deal killer because you are paying a car payment regardless for your existing one or for the new one.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #18
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
I assume your current lease is not going to end soon otherwise you wouldn't be talking about the pull ahead program. If so the main reason you want to use this program is you anticipate by the lease end you will go over the mileage limit. If this is not the case then there is no reason to let this be your deal killer because you are paying a car payment regardless for your existing one or for the new one.
Ii HATE to agree with this idiot but why turn your car in before new one arrives.......I may have missed something.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #19
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Quote:
Ii HATE to agree with this idiot but why turn your car in before new one arrives.......I may have missed something.
You should have limited your such comment in that other thread. We are here to help him. Besides you probably had indeed missed something by assuming he did not know what he was doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:14 AM   #20
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Correct: Current lease does not end until 3-31-11. I am way under milage, and even if I waited until maturity would be significantly under milage. (A major reason why I am under is because this same dealer could not fix a service issue three times. They had my car for three months. So my patience is running out with them.)

True: I will be paying a car payment either way. But the pull ahead program will save me about $250 because my new payments will be lower.

I am really thinking if he cannot get me a loaner until my car arrives, I will have to look to another BMW dealer or possibly another brand. Wouldnt you? BMW is not the only manufacturer offering deals right now. If they want my business, they will make a loaner work. If not, they have made a business decision - and that will be evident with the news I get tomorrow

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Correct: Current lease does not end until 3-31-11. I am way under milage, and even if I waited until maturity would be significantly under milage. (A major reason why I am under is because this same dealer could not fix a service issue three times. They had my car for three months. So my patience is running out with them.)

True: I will be paying a car payment either way. But the pull ahead program will save me about $250 because my new payments will be lower.

I am really thinking if he cannot get me a loaner until my car arrives, I will have to look to another BMW dealer or possibly another brand. Wouldnt you? BMW is not the only manufacturer offering deals right now. If they want my business, they will make a loaner work. If not, they have made a business decision - and that will be evident with the news I get tomorrow
For $250 I would not look anywhere else if I liked the car and the deal. My Audi dealer (last car) leased me a Jetta for 5 weeks while i waited.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #22
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep

Another thought: Why would I sign and turn my car in without seeing the new one? What if there is a further delay with the ordered car? Or something is damaged? What if its not what I ordered? This deal is turning out pretty SH**$ for me. I really think I should walk away this time. Thoughts? I appreciate all of your help.

Appreciate 0