E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Having trouble with loading up the site

12-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Having trouble with loading up the site

I am experiencing problems for some reason on certain threads that for the life of me that I cannot access....I dont know what it is but everytime I log into the Forced Induction threads I get this message...I got it to work on my home computer by clearing the cache and cookies but at work for some reason this clearing of the cache and cookies still didn't work...

"If you are seeing this message, then our new server address is not working for you.

It can take up to 24-48 hours for a new address to spread across the internet, so please be patient.

If, like me, you are impatient, then you can try to speed this process up by shutting your computer down, then shutting down your router and your cable modem. Leave the cable modem off for 10-15 minutes. Then turn everything back on. Windows users: type in "ipconfig /flushdns" into your windows command prompt". Clear all your cookies. Reload the site and see if it works.

Depending on your internet service provider, this may reset the address system and force your ISP to pull our most recent address.

If this doesn't work, that means your ISP refreshes addresses very slowly and you will have to wait it out until they update.

Can anyone explain or help me out to whats going on???

Last edited by cn555ic; 12-02-2010 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Sure, I can help.

It can take up to 24-48 hours for a new address to spread across the internet, so please be patient. If, like me, you are impatient, then you can try to speed this process up by shutting your computer down, then shutting down your router and your cable modem. Leave the cable modem off for 10-15 minutes. Then turn everything back on. Windows users: type in "ipconfig /flushdns" into your windows command prompt". Clear all your cookies. Reload the site and see if it works. Depending on your internet service provider, this may reset the address system and force your ISP to pull our most recent address. If this doesn't work, that means your ISP refreshes addresses very slowly and you will have to wait it out until they update.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
OP you would know that if you were a member of this forum's facebook group....god!! Get with it!!

HAha I'm just kidding....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I tried that with my laptop at work and it didnt work. I guess I have to wait it out on my work laptop
Appreciate 0