E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Pairing a Treo 650 (Verizon) Q's

09-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
sansei209
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Pairing a Treo 650 (Verizon) Q's

Am I missing something? When trying to pair my Verizon Treo 650 to my 330i (specs below), I'm able to get to the point where I type in a numerical code into the Treo, then enter the same code into the vehicle using the iDrive knob. The screen is still in the "enter" mode where I can input more numbers (I used a 4 digit code on the T650).

Is there a final "enter" type of command that I need to do at that point (like how you press the "enter" key in an Excel cell to enter the cell data)? I'm sure I'm just missing a step, but can't figure out what to do. Pairing fails at that point.

I've updated the firmware on the Treo and I realize the Treo isn't listed as a supported Bluetooth phone by BMW, but I've read where people are able to pair at least.

TIA!
      09-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
rkwjr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i

See the following thread:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2274

I thought only the Sprint and Cingular Treos worked, but this person’s Verizon Treo works also.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
bcaslis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 330i

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 and it works fine also. I don't have iDrive but I would think that you do need to push something to enter the 4 digit code. Maybe you press the iDrive controller "in" to enter?
      02-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
softek
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 i

BW 330i TREO 650 BT pairing

I have the same issue. I am entering thr Passkey in my TREO 650 (unlocked GSM using cingular service) and thne entering the same code on my BMW330i. Now I do not kow how to hit "enter" in BMW.
May be thats why "pairing is not successful??
Ple let me know if you had any success.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E90

you have to push the idrive knob up slightly to confirm number. Took some time but i finally got it to highlight. remmber you only have 30 seconds!
      02-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
bmoore@mdanderson.org
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330 CiC (White-Black)

Despite not having an I-Drive to enter the numbers, I have been able to get my Verizon Treo 650 to work with the BMW bluetooth, with a few caveats. After trying everything and finally giving up, I was walking to my car one day when my wife called. I was talking to her as I started the car and then started hearing her voice over the car's speakers! A miracle, I guess. Anyway it stopped working a few days later when I returned from a trip. A tech at the dealership tried to help me and he would push the talk button on the steering wheel briefly during the pairing process and said that was necessary (I'll add that to all my other little superstitious behaviors).

Then I decided to do a hard reset on the Treo (after backing everything up with BackupBuddy to my sd card). When the phone is in its bare-bone state with no extra programs, it works. I entered a half dozen entries into the favorites (speed dial) and they loaded onto the car. Voice dial by number or name works. I have other bluetooth stuff on the Treo (wireless keyboard, bluetooth GPS, etc.) so I am going to try adding programs back one by one.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #7
Gronk
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

I've the option of this phone thru work to replace my Nokia 6310i which works just great, as anyone tried this on a UK car? On Orange n/w?
Appreciate 0