E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2010 325i Owner in Chandler, AZ

Closed Thread

11-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

2010 325i Owner in Chandler, AZ

328i, not 325i.

If you are out there you know who you are. You illegally passed me on the right in my blue Z4 35i today going south on Lindsey Rd.

You proved nothing today, illegally driving like a bat out of hell past me.... while I was:

1) Talking on the phone
2) In Automnatic mode with my Dual Clutch Transmission. Basically the mode used for a leisurely drive.

So, don't let your head swell up too big cause ya passed me while I watched you illegally pass on by.

If you wanna' see if a 328i can really beat a 35i, then you have an open invitation to meet me at the local drag strip, any time.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 11-03-2010 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport

Garage List
they make 2010 325i's?

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by korr View Post
they make 2010 325i's?
328i, sorry, misprint.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
copter290
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
328i, not 325i.

If you are out there you know who you are. You illegally passed me on the right in my blue Z4 35i today going south on Lindsey Rd.

You proved nothing today, illegally driving like a bat out of hell past me.... while I was:

1) Talking on the phone

2) In Automnatic mode with my Dual Clutch Transmission. Basically the mode used for a leisurely drive.

So, don't let your head swell up too big cause ya passed me while I watched you illegally pass on by.

If you wanna' see if a 325i can really beat a 35i, then you have an open invitation to meet me at the local drag strip, any time.
I signed up just to say this: do you have self esteem issues? Why did the post have to focus about how your Z4 is "soooo" much faster than his 328i? :

Maybe he passed you like a bat out of hell because you were gabbing on your cell phone, oblivious to the world and driving too slow for his tastes.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
5050punk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Golf R, 2009 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter290 View Post
Maybe he passed you like a bat out of hell because you were gabbing on your cell phone, oblivious to the world and driving too slow for his tastes.
^^^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^
      11-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
evicfinite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW

damn right! most people who talk on their phone usually drive 10-15 miles slower! which is freaking annoying

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 BMW 328i Coupe|Sapphire Black|Gray Poplar Wood Trim|Premium Package|Sports Package|Navigation iDrive|Park Distance|Aero Body Kit|Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I signed up just to say this: do you have self esteem issues? Why did the post have to focus about how your Z4 is "soooo" much faster than his 328i? :

LOL I knew it wouldn't be long before someone made this ridiculous type of interpretation.

I was going 5 miles over the speed limit
One word - Bluetooth

It's not about me - the purpose of the post was to prevent the jerk from getting too big a head, since it was blatantly obvious he was out to see if he could pass me or not, and it didn't matter to him that had there been a cop watching he would have received a couple violations. 95% of 328i owners would never pull the stunt he pulled, because they don't have to feed their egos like that jerk. Just wanted to make sure his head doesn't get too big. That is if he even subscribes to this forum.

Now whatta' ya got for me?

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 11-03-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
5050punk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Golf R, 2009 335xi Coupe

Talking on a cell phone is talking on a cell phone. Blue tooth or not, it's still been proven to be distractive.

Although not an Arizona law (as far as I can tell), it's generally the decent thing to do (and in some places the law) to get out of the way if you're in the left lane and someone is coming up behind you faster than you're going.
      11-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
copter290
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
LOL I knew it wouldn't be long before someone made this ridiculous type of interpretation.

I was going 5 miles over the speed limit
One word - Bluetooth

It's not about me - the purpose of the post was to prevent the jerk from getting too big a head, since it was blatantly obvious he was out to see if he could pass me or not, and it didn't matter to him that had there been a cop watching he would have received a couple violations. 95% of 328i owners would never pull the stunt he pulled, because they don't have to feed their egos like that jerk. Just wanted to make sure his head doesn't get too big. That is if he even subscribes to this forum.

Now whatta' ya got for me?
Let's get this clear:

1. Holding a cell phone and talking: you are talking on the phone.

2. Using Bluetooth: you are STILL talking on the phone.

You're driving but your thoughts are elsewhere.

Regarding the incident:
Even from your one-sided description of the incident, you seem like the jerk with the ego problem.

So what if you're doing 5 over the limit? Maybe he wants to do 10 over the limit and you're in his way.

If he were in a Bugati Veryon, would you go on a Bugati forum and bitch about it? Probably not...it's only because the guy drives a somewhat cheaper version of your car (and in the real world, $30k difference in price tag is nothing). This might be news to you, but most of us don't have anything to "prove" to you. We're just driving fast to get around your slow driving.

In conclusion: If you're normal you would just shrug it off and move on like the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

From what I've seen so far, people in AZ have no understanding of the purpose of the left lane.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's get this clear:

1. Holding a cell phone and talking: you are talking on the phone.

2. Using Bluetooth: you are STILL talking on the phone.

You're driving but your thoughts are elsewhere.

Regarding the incident:
Even from your one-sided description of the incident, you seem like the jerk with the ego problem.

So what if you're doing 5 over the limit? Maybe he wants to do 10 over the limit and you're in his way.

If he were in a Bugati Veryon, would you go on a Bugati forum and bitch about it? Probably not...it's only because the guy drives a somewhat cheaper version of your car (and in the real world, $30k difference in price tag is nothing). This might be news to you, but most of us don't have anything to "prove" to you. We're just driving fast to get around your slow driving.

In conclusion: If you're normal you would just shrug it off and move on like the rest of us.
Soooo, umm....the part about the right lane not being a passing lane, means nothing then, right?

Unfortunaletly for you, all you have to go by is my interpretation, as you were not there....sorry.

Entertaining as was to read your funny little reply, and respond to it, the bottom line is that I really don't give a SHI^what YOU think. I know that might come as a shock for you, but it be true.

The only purpose of the post was to call out the jerk in the 328i that broke 2 laws busting his ass to try to show me and everyione around us how fast his 328i was, so hopefully he subscribes to this forum and can read the ugly truth.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hold on- unless he passed you on the shoulder, if he passed you on the right, then YOU were in the wrong lane. I visited Phoenix a few months back and people there have some of the worst lane etiquette I've ever seen anywhere. Sounds like you're among them.

In one instance, a slow car was in the left lane going down that windy freeway descending from the north, matching the speed of the right lane creating a rolling road block. After 5 minutes, I gave a quick flash. I did that about once a minute, until there was an opening for me to pass on the right. Man- all of a sudden it was a friggen drag race. I finally squeaked buy, and this dude tailgates me flashing high beams on and off for a few miles. Probably a friend of yours. What is it with you people?

Quote:
Soooo, umm....the part about the right lane not being a passing lane, means nothing then, right?
Soooo, umm....the part about the left lane being the passing lane, and "slower traffic keep right" means nothing then, right?

Last edited by carve; 11-03-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
From what I've seen so far, people in AZ have no understanding of the purpose of the left lane.
Hey, I can answer that one. The left lane of the HIGHWAY is for passing slower cars on the right. ..and yes, we do have a number of ignorant drivers here in AZ that do not understand the meaning of the passing lane.

Unfortunately, in the encounter I had with the ass in the 328i we were on a surface street where the left lane was for going straight. The right lane he used to bloat his ego was for turning right into the office complex ONLY. So it was a ticketable offense to pass in that lane. I've seen someone ticketed for passing in that lane before. It was also a ticketable offense to be driving the 85 mph he was going when he passed me in a 45 mph zone.

Does anyone want to comment on why he might have been passing me illegally going 40 mph over the speed limit and 35 mph faster than me and everyone else?

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 11-03-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Hold on- unless he passed you on the shoulder, if he passed you on the right, then YOU were in the wrong lane. I visited Phoenix a few months back and people there have some of the worst lane etiquette I've ever seen anywhere. Sounds like you're among them.

In one instance, a slow car was in the left lane going down that windy freeway descending from the north, matching the speed of the right lane creating a rolling road block. After 5 minutes, I gave a quick flash. I did that about once a minute, until there was an opening for me to pass on the right. Man- all of a sudden it was a friggen drag race. I finally squeaked buy, and this dude tailgates me flashing high beams on and off for a few miles. Probably a friend of yours. What is it with you people?

Soooo, umm....the part about the left lane being the passing lane, and "slower traffic keep right" means nothing then, right?
Umm, nice try but the left lane rules do not apply on surface streets. See my post above.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:

It's not about me - the purpose of the post was to prevent the jerk from getting too big a head,
20 bucks he's not a member
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
20 bucks he's not a member
Probably not, but I figured had nothing to lose by taking a shot at him. I did not expect all the entertaining responses from some 3 series folks that have taken this a little too personally though.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
taken this a little too personally though.
Pot, have you met kettle?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
07E92TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Pot, have you met kettle?
+1, can't believe you'd waste your time posting this thread. I'm sure the guy was aware your Z was faster, just because he passed you didn't mean he was trying to show off he was faster. Hell I passed a Z06 today on the right, didn't think it was such BIG DEAL
      11-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #19
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Hey, I can answer that one. The left lane of the HIGHWAY is for passing slower cars on the right. ..and yes, we do have a number of ignorant drivers here in AZ that do not understand the meaning of the passing lane.

Unfortunately, in the encounter I had with the ass in the 328i we were on a surface street where the left lane was for going straight. The right lane he used to bloat his ego was for turning right into the office complex ONLY. So it was a ticketable offense to pass in that lane. I've seen someone ticketed for passing in that lane before. It was also a ticketable offense to be driving the 85 mph he was going when he passed me in a 45 mph zone.

Does anyone want to comment on why he might have been passing me illegally going 40 mph over the speed limit and 35 mph faster than me and everyone else?
What were you using to measure his speed, while you were still on your BLUETOOTH connected call, and driving in the 'fast lane'?

If that dude who passed you reads this, he will be in ROFL mode, he managed to pi*s you off, maybe mission accomplished for him.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport

Garage List
i'm just curious, did he badly cut you off on your lane? or was it simply because he passed you from the right lane?

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
What were you using to measure his speed, while you were still on your BLUETOOTH connected call, and driving in the 'fast lane'?

If that dude who passed you reads this, he will be in ROFL mode, he managed to piss you off, maybe mission accomplished for him.
After driving for 30 years.....yeah, it's pretty easy to tell if a car is going about 40 mph faster that you. You mean to tell me you can't talk on Bluetooth and realize someone just whizzed by you going a hell of a lot fatser than you? I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but I can actually walk and chew gum.

The POINT of posting here was to show him that he did not piss me off.
Surely, you've missed the point. C'mon, try to keep up, will ya'
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #22
07E92TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 C63

Quote:
After driving for 30 years.....yeah, it's pretty easy to tell if a car is going about 40 mph faster that you. You mean to tell me you can't talk on Bluetooth and realize someone just whizzed by you going a hell of a lot fatser than you? I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but I can actually walk and chew gum.

The POINT of posting here was to show him that he did not piss me off.
Surely, you've missed the point. C'mon, try to keep up, will ya'
Geeze, and i thought 3-series drivers were dicks.
Closed Thread