E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warranty getting over in 20 days

11-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
munu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Msports

Warranty getting over in 20 days

Hi
My 4 years are completing in 20 days even though I only have 39K miles on the car. I just got service soon lit up also so going next week to the dealership. Can somebody please suggest what all I can ask dealer to check or change before the warranty expires.

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
munu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?? 100 reads but no one replied...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
TheStigsTwin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Ask if they will sell you an extended warrenty.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
electro-house
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Unless there's a specific warning light currently on or something obvious, I don't think you can have them do a full, free, and complete last minute car inspection.

In their estimation the car is fine, and it should be other than basic wear and tear. If you plan on keeping the car for another two years and driving regularly, the extended warranty might be a good investment on a 335. You might want to base that off of your ownership experience and repair history while the car was under warranty these past years. Ultimately, you want to break even or ahead on the price of the warranty in comparison to the price in which the repairs would add up to.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

i would pay an independent shop to do an inspection and then goto the dealership with anything they find. my local indy does this for about 75$.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Php
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CaymanS, used to be e92 335

Go do a pre-warranty expiration inspection. Indepedent BMW shops should all do it, should only be around $50 bucks.

Well worth it in my opinion. I myself have one month left as well. I did the inspection and my car was found out the transmission pan had a leak and arm bushing crack. Will get them done when I visit the dealer this month.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Php View Post
Go do a pre-warranty expiration inspection. Indepedent BMW shops should all do it, should only be around $50 bucks.

Well worth it in my opinion. I myself have one month left as well. I did the inspection and my car was found out the transmission pan had a leak and arm bushing crack. Will get them done when I visit the dealer this month.
+1 Dealer won't do or say anything until after your warranty is up, then they will give you a list of things you should fix.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
munu
First Lieutenant
Rep

I already have a extended warranty on my car but it is from third party and not from BMW. BMW doesn't offer warranties in Florida.

I will try to take it to BMW independent dealer to check out. I am thinking about getting new wipers and inside door handle as plastic is peeling off.

Do you know if they can check the rotors and replace if needed? That is one big expense around 40-50K miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
scrufy
Zoom Zoom This
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Short Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFlood View Post
Unless there's a specific warning light currently on or something obvious, I don't think you can have them do a full, free, and complete last minute car inspection.

In their estimation the car is fine, and it should be other than basic wear and tear. If you plan on keeping the car for another two years and driving regularly, the extended warranty might be a good investment on a 335. You might want to base that off of your ownership experience and repair history while the car was under warranty these past years. Ultimately, you want to break even or ahead on the price of the warranty in comparison to the price in which the repairs would add up to.
That is actually very incorrect.
My SA just told me today when I took my 335i in for service (see my thread on my lovely experience with the loaner 328i HAHA ) to be sure and not forget to get it in there at 49,500 or so miles so he can run my key and do something he called a service tree and see what all they can do to make sure the stuff the extended doesn't cover gets done.
so, I'd just be honest with them. call and say "hey, my warranty is about to run out and I want to make sure I have everything fixed. run my key" etc...
Just FYI...
Appreciate 0