BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Am I The Only One?....

09-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Am I The Only One?....

Ive noticed that alot of people are getting the leatherette. Honestly, waaaay more then i thought would. Im glad. There arent enough car companies, especially high end ones that even offer leatherette. So hopefully more and more will start after seeing how many people decide to get it in their Bmws.
I dont wanna start any huge debate. I know MOST of the replys i get from this thread will PROBABLY be ignorant, uneducated ones from people talking shit.
Obviously its GREAT that the leatherette is easier to clean. Cheaper. and holds its form better then regular leather. But am i the only person that went with leatherette to save lives?
One of the major reasons i got my 325 was because it allowed me to get an amazing, high end car with tons of options and technology and not have to have leather interrior. and im soooo happy that bmw offers. i know that in places like the UK and england, animal rights is an even bigger deal, and i believe there are more vegetarians and compassionate people there, maybe thats one of the reasons that bmw offers it. But im glad that bmw offers it all the way up to the 530, and i wish they offered it in the 545 and better, because id love the 545 to be my next car and a 7 series after that. who knows what will happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
To tell you the truth, i got the lette cause i was saving money lol. So i never thought of it as saving animals... but now that you mentioned it, yea im glad i got the lette.
      09-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
romeo26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 325 (no lette)

dont worry your not the only one!!
when i get my e92 ittl have lette, cuse i could care less for lether, i dont care if it saves lives i just care that it looks good. i dont even know what is the diff. between the two besides one comes from cows and the other is man made.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

The leatherette is fine; it is much nicer than most cheaper cars' leather.
I got the leather though because i was like "hey, what the hell, i may as well just get it" plus i wanted bluetooth, so i figured i should just get the premium package since it also comes with the dimming mirrors and garage opener, it would help resale value, and I'm a snob.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I would have gotten leatherette if that was the more expensive choice

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the vast majority of cows will not see a natural end of life, they're slaughtered, weather used for meat, leather, or whatever else you may use dead cow for.

I think cows make for bad pets, so that's why we kill them. If they made better pets, then maybe I'd feel bad.

I certainly wouldn't want cat or dog leather in my car!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
cdheaven
Rep

ward, you have to keep in mind, cows are breed for slaughter. so its kinda like if i forced you and your wife to have a kid, and then i killed it once it was born, that would be pretty sad, even if i forced you too to have a kid just for slaughter. but if we didnt force cows to mate, we would HAVE to slaughter them. get it? its not like there are 3984903849 cows naturally just roaming the earth and we have no idea what to do with them because people dont keep them domestically like cats, so they are sent to slaughter houses. if that was the case, i would probably use as many cow parts as possible to get them off the streets. but cows are breed to be killed. its a pretty viscious cycle.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I agree just killing for the sake of killing, well that's not good.

but we can't put a face on the situation as if we're forcing a loving happy cow family to have extra kids and then stealing the children from them to slaughter them. everything is artificially insemination now (on big farms)

I don't know for certain, but I'd bet that more cows are needed for meat production than for leather, so reducing demand for leather wouldn't reduce demand for cattle. (this is just my therory, assuming the same cows are used for meat and leather, which may be incorrect . any FFA members out there??)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #9
cdheaven
Rep

i agree with you. im sure there is soo many cows killed for meat, that we could probably wrap every car with leather if we wanted to. that doesnt make it right. thats also is why i gave up EATING meat before i stopped using leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #10
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I got a loaner e90 with 'ette I HATED IT
It smelt bad and was "sticky"
Appreciate 0