2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding After disconnecting bluetooth call, car stays on?

10-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
TX535i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 535i

After disconnecting bluetooth call, car stays on?

Many mornings I drive to work while I have a conference call going via bluetooth. When I get to work (car still on), I use the phone to switch from BMW bluetooth back to the phone. I can then continue the call on the phone, and then one of two things happens;

1. the iDrive screen turns from phone back to radio (or whatever it was on before I started the call). The volume is up, and I can't turn it down, off ,etc. When I turn the car off (push button twice), the radio goes off (i.e. the sound), but the screen still shows the radio.

2. the iDrive screen remains on phone, and the call counter contiunes to tick as if the call was still connected, but it's not. I use my phone to continue the call, but the iDrive screen still continues to count. If I end the call via the iDrive, it still somehow cancels the call on my handset (even though no sound is coming from the car speakers anymore - all from my phone speaker).

Regardless which of the two above happens, when I get back in the car at the end of the day, I usually can't connect my phone via bluetooth. It connects, but I generally can't make any calls. Sometimes I can make or receive a call, but if it connects, I can hear the caller but they can't hear me, or vice versa.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
MojoeF10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Yes, I've experienced this several times. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes it. The phone icon on the iDrive system will have a little 'x' on it. I, too, can hear the caller, but they can't hear me.

I fix it by deleting my phone from the idrive, then pairing the phone again. It's definitely frustrating when it happens...
Appreciate 0