BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
BMW2005X3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005X3

Moonroof Imploded

Driving about 60mph on highway when I heard a loud boom and instantly I was showered in glass pebbles. My moonroof imploded!! All side windows closed but I had the shade open and the sunroof opened slightly...it was sunny, 70 degree weather and was in the gargage 15 minutes prior to the incident. No overpasses, no trucks, rocks, flying debris, etc...it just all of the sudden combusted inward....chards of glass all over me and all over the interior of my car. Thank God my 2yr. old was not in the back seat. Quite shaken, I was able to drive it to the dealership, but will have to wait the weekend out before knowing any more details. I've just read about pressure differential and how many BMW dealerships refuse to take financial responsibility. So, to anyone who this may have happened to, please advise!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
py335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2005X3 View Post
Driving about 60mph on highway when I heard a loud boom and instantly I was showered in glass pebbles. My moonroof imploded!! All side windows closed but I had the shade open and the sunroof opened slightly...it was sunny, 70 degree weather and was in the gargage 15 minutes prior to the incident. No overpasses, no trucks, rocks, flying debris, etc...it just all of the sudden combusted inward....chards of glass all over me and all over the interior of my car. Thank God my 2yr. old was not in the back seat. Quite shaken, I was able to drive it to the dealership, but will have to wait the weekend out before knowing any more details. I've just read about pressure differential and how many BMW dealerships refuse to take financial responsibility. So, to anyone who this may have happened to, please advise!!
i'm very sorry to hear that! thats terrible. a lot of folks over at e90post have had this happen to them so if you look around on e90post i'm sure you'll get a lot of help there