E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Constant rough idle.

01-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
dan.cuando
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Constant rough idle.

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and I think I have a problem with my e90 325. The car was built in May 06. For the last 2000 miles my car has been idling fairly rough at stops. (Fairly, as in the car is not pulsating but it is really noticeable) There is about 5000 miles on the car, so the break in period should be already over. This is not an issue with cold starts, nor is it a problem with the A/C. I also followed the break in procedures pretty well so I don’t think I messed up the engine. It happens 99% of the time I come to a complete stop for more than 2 seconds. The rpm would drop from 600 to 500, and then the rough idle can be felt through out the car, especially if I lean against the door or center consol.

I brought it to the dealer so they can have it checked out, but it seems the only explanation they came up with, is the gas. I know that shouldn’t be the reason why the engine idles so rough, because I always pump the same gas from the same shell station around my block. Even before the rough idling started.

Does anyone know if this is normal? Or if something is out of spec in the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Try searching the forums for 'rough idle'...you will find threads like this:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=rough+idle
Appreciate 0