E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Passenger AND DRIVER mirrors tilt in reverse

01-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Passenger AND DRIVER mirrors tilt in reverse

This can't be a fluke. It's happened a couple times before. (Non i-Drive.) When I put it in reverse, I have it set so the passenger side mirror tilts down. Yesterday both the driver and passenger side mirrors went down.

I don't know if I hit the stalk a certain way or accidentally did something to cause this, but I would like to know how this function works or if it's a fluke. I know the little round left/right mirror toggle button needs to be in the position to activate the tilting function, but I only thought it was for the passenger side.
      01-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Thats definatly not supposed to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

congrats....you have a virus
      01-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i wouldn't mind if both mirrors tilt down. would help when parking on left side of one way streets. Try again and report back
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

on the mirror control switch, above your window controls, if you have the switch to the left, when shift into reverse the right side mirror will tilt. To turn off the tilt function, shift the switch to the right.

Hope this solves it for you.
      01-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Tilt down is one of the most useless annoying features that has been invented.
If the switch happens to get moved to tilt down and I start backing up off the driveway, I have to stop the car and reposition the switch to normal operation. I never use it and wish it even wasn't a feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
2007/335i/coupe
Falling in Love with German Boost
Rep
Drives: 335i, E350, Accord EX, GSXR750

Garage List
Cool, parallel parking on one way streets will be a breeze!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
The tilt down isn't annoying. I also have a driveway and yes it's a little hassle having it tilt down when you don't need it, but you remember to keep your switch to the right.

I really like this feature; it'll really save me from scratching rims when I parallel park outdoors....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEnvy
If the switch happens to get moved to tilt down and I start backing up off the driveway, I have to stop the car and reposition the switch to normal operation. I never use it and wish it even wasn't a feature.

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
PMP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Quote:
It's pretty useless in a driveway but it is a nice feature when you have to parallel park. Saves you from scraping your rims.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMP
It's pretty useless in a driveway but it is a nice feature when you have to parallel park. Saves you from scraping your rims.
Agreed. My other car has 18's and I will always lift myself out of the seat and use my mirrors to get close to the curb. I didn't know the feature could be turned-off, now I know.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3
on the mirror control switch, above your window controls, if you have the switch to the left, when shift into reverse the right side mirror will tilt. To turn off the tilt function, shift the switch to the right.

Hope this solves it for you.
but the OP's passenger side mirror is also tilting. It shouldn't be. Looks like he got a RHD an LHD combo special.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #12
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweitzer
This can't be a fluke. It's happened a couple times before. (Non i-Drive.) When I put it in reverse, I have it set so the passenger side mirror tilts down. Yesterday both the driver and passenger side mirrors went down.

I don't know if I hit the stalk a certain way or accidentally did something to cause this, but I would like to know how this function works or if it's a fluke. I know the little round left/right mirror toggle button needs to be in the position to activate the tilting function, but I only thought it was for the passenger side.
That is sweet. There was a thread about this topic just a week or two ago, and I asked if there was a way to make both mirrors go down. Let me know if you figure out how to reproduce this.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
I love it when it tilts. Its not that hard to flip the switch to turn it on/off. I like it on when I park at school so I can see the curb, I like it off backing into the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Cool, parallel parking on one way streets will be a breeze!
If only I knew how to reproduce it. It happened yesterday and only one time before, several weeks ago. I thought I must have hit the mirror button or something.

By the way, when this happened, after I then shifted to Drive, neither mirror readjusted to its normal position, like the passenger one should always do. I hit my seat memory button, and both mirrors then readjusted. Other than this quirk, I find the tilting mirror helpful when parallel parking, because I HATE road rash and I'm not as good at estimating wheel/curb distance.