E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > DSC - DTC !!! help pls

12-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: E90 318I 2007 full

Garage List
DSC - DTC !!! help pls

when I bought the car 1 month ago i ask the dealear about the DTC button and he tould me :"you don`t need it yet" wtfk !!!!! ....so last week i went to bmw service for the numbers of the car.....and i ask a service man about the DTC ........he tould me that dtc and dsc are activated when i start the car... he tould me if i want to see how dtc work i have to trik to spin the tires .....but i`m still confused when i press the DTC Putton it appers on the nav screen " DTC ACTIVATED - DSC RESTICTED" and it appers also on the computer bord " DTC" and it`s stay activated ....... ??? i`m so confused !!! pls help me...... last night i went for a ride the roade was ice 80% no problems at 60km/h-90km/h but when i went on the rail road the dsc appeard...... in a form of a triangle !! why not intrevine the DTC ?!!! pls help me...... who i turn on the dtc or when is better of using it ..... !?! i`m so confused
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

RTFM

Just leave it on if you're not Michael Schumacher.

Welcome here btw.

When ploughing through snow from 0 kmh, press the DSC/DTC buton for more than 5 seconds or so: DEACTIVATED , so you have some 'spinning' and 'traction' to go your way.
On slippery roads better leave it on or push the button again to activate it...
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Garage List
yes but ...... how is it ON ????!!! i have to activate it ? or just start the car whout pressing the button !?!! the service man from bmw tould that is on dtc an dsc when i start the car........but when i press DTC button on the navi appers DTC ACTIVATE -dsc restricted ....and on the comp bord it appers DTC !! :-?? help lpsssssss

i better understand from u guys that have bmw for a long period than from the manual.... i have bmw sice 1 month help plsssss
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

its on by default. push the button, and it turns it off.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Did you get a manual in your native language (it appears not to be English? not an insult, just an observation) Read it, there is a good explanation there.
Basically when you start the car, both are active and watching to protect you, IF needed. If your tires slip, you will get the warning triangle (I think) in your display, letting you know that it came on and modified your actions via the multiple mechanisms it has to control the wheels.
As you push the button, you reduce the control the car has over wheels, or you can completely turn off both by holding for 5+ seconds (again, I think, check your manual).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Garage List
aha yes thanks !! now i understand........ when i start they ar on....... when i press the DTC button once .....DTC remains but DSC is dissable !!! for that apper DTC activated ........ 10q !! HAPPY NEW YEAR
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
GuillaumeSoete
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupé & Tesla 85

According to what we measured with a G-Tech Pro, the DTC mode allows up to ~0.4G of lateral accelration before calming down your ambitions Hope this helps.

Guillaume
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Thanks, G, good to know the numbers as well. Too bad it isn't tuneble to our tires' rating.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allex18
yes but ...... how is it ON ????!!! i have to activate it ? or just start the car whout pressing the button !?!! the service man from bmw tould that is on dtc an dsc when i start the car........but when i press DTC button on the navi appers DTC ACTIVATE -dsc restricted ....and on the comp bord it appers DTC !! :-?? help lpsssssss

i better understand from u guys that have bmw for a long period than from the manual.... i have bmw sice 1 month help plsssss

DSC comes on automatically when you start your car. DTC will come on if you push the button. As others have stated, if you hold it for 5 seconds, you deactivate both DSC and DTC.

DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) uses sensors to measure your wheel speed and lateral acceleration. If you start to spin out of control, DSC works by bringing your BMW back under control by reducing engine power and or applying the brakes.

DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) uses sensors to give more power to the wheel that is not slipping when driving under very poor conditions, such as snow and ice.

DTC works with DSC but only works at low speeds for when you need extra traction to get out of snow, mud, ice etc. Your engine speed capability will stay in tact, at low speeds and only the individual braking system is on to keep your wheels from spinning.

When you approach 43 mph DSC is reinstated until you slow back down again at which point DTC will turn back on.

Turning the system off you do at your own peril. And that my friend, is a whole other monster. I hope this helps. Good luck with your new ride!