E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > K9 nightmare - Zaino Rescue.

09-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

K9 nightmare - Zaino Rescue.

So, I wahsed my car last night just before going out to dinner with my sister and her husband.
I pull up into her driveway and honk the horn to let them know I'm there.
My, not so brilliant nephew sends out their golden retriever which then runs straight for me and jumps up against my driver side door. Almost lost it right there.
I had two paw shaped scratches from the sand on her feet and claw marks down the side of my car.

I know that Zaino isn't a restoration product, but I want to let you know it worked pretty well. First thing this morning, I washed the driver door down with Dawn and started in with a clay bar. A little work with the clay bar had taken out most of the damage.
I followed teh clay bar with two coats of Z5 which then cleaned up the rest of the fine scratches.
I then completed the job with two more coats of Z2 then a spray down of the Z6.

The car looks like new once again. I love my Zaino more and more every time I use it.
      09-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
bmwboy29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 325xi

AWESOME I cant wait to get my baby and use it too! So glad to hear your horror turned out happy:-)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

The clay does not reverse damage, the clay probably removed dirt and the residue left by the nail going down the side of the car. Z5 only hides scratches so slightly, the scratches were most likely not removed. Only way to remove scratches are with a polish, and ZPC is the Zaino Polish. Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsebrklyn
The clay does not reverse damage, the clay probably removed dirt and the residue left by the nail going down the side of the car. Z5 only hides scratches so slightly, the scratches were most likely not removed. Only way to remove scratches are with a polish, and ZPC is the Zaino Polish. Chris
I don't know what you are trying to say here...

Like I said... The products I used are not marketed as a repair for scratches. But, they did a wonderful job with the damage to my car.

It's now like nothing ever happened. Whatever it did to my paint, I don't care. It fixed it for me. I am happy with Zaino once again.
      09-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #5
castleking
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Msport 2006

Not heard of Zaino in the UK Auto Glym is what everone I know uses
Is it a pack of different products?
Appreciate 0