E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What's the best way to care for a clearbra?

05-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

What's the best way to care for a clearbra?

Clearly (pun intended) you need to tape open the edges to keep a PC from pulling up the edges, but what product, if any, do you use on the clearbra? The same as the body? Nothing? Just wax? Hand apply only?

Discuss
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
Clearly (pun intended) you need to tape open the edges to keep a PC from pulling up the edges, but what product, if any, do you use on the clearbra? The same as the body? Nothing? Just wax? Hand apply only?

Discuss
Plexus

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I've always heard you just treat it like paint. Wax, seal, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
rust99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

The installer of my Ventureshield suggested: PF1 Film Cleanse. From their website, "it's a non-aerosol product that is designed specifically for the acrylic clear coat of today’s paint protection film. The clear coat on clear bras are very different from the clear coat on cars’ paint today, which is why Premier in early 2008 set out to develop a product that can properly clean paint protection film. The product will not dry out the pores of the film and does not carry any type of polish that can abrade the film. Film Cleanse is a deep cleaner with acrylic resins designed to lift the dirt off the film before cleaning / wiping. The product not only deep cleans, but it also does not strip the film of protective sealants and waxes."

16 oz bottle - $20

I just ordered it and waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to try it.

http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust99 View Post
The installer of my Ventureshield suggested: PF1 Film Cleanse. From their website, "it's a non-aerosol product that is designed specifically for the acrylic clear coat of today’s paint protection film. The clear coat on clear bras are very different from the clear coat on cars’ paint today, which is why Premier in early 2008 set out to develop a product that can properly clean paint protection film. The product will not dry out the pores of the film and does not carry any type of polish that can abrade the film. Film Cleanse is a deep cleaner with acrylic resins designed to lift the dirt off the film before cleaning / wiping. The product not only deep cleans, but it also does not strip the film of protective sealants and waxes."

16 oz bottle - $20

I just ordered it and waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to try it.

http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml
Appreciate 0