BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Ebay Question. What is "Bulk Packaging"?

05-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Ebay Question. What is "Bulk Packaging"?

In ebay, there are a lot of good deals that comes in "bulk packaging". Interestingly, some of these sellers also sell "retail packaging".

From my understanding, bulk packaging is just a brand new item without fancy retail store packaging. However, there are people saying that these ebay sellers claim "bulk packaging" to avoid advertising it as refurbished/reconditioned items. From my experience, I bought several of these "bulk packaging" items(mostly electronics). Coincidence or not, many of them ended up malfunctioning faster. Maybe I'm just being sensitive.

Im trying to buy Plantronics Pro BT-headset. Brand new Retail one is going for $80 shipped, while Brand new Bulk one is going for $60 shipped. $20 might not sound much, but for such cheap item(under $100), $20 difference is huge in terms of price. If retail packaging cost is really $20, Im thinking that somebody should open up a "BulkBuy" right next to BestBuy and start making millions of dollars.

I need some opinions.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Bulk means exactly that, the stuff is in bulk. What you go to the store and buy individually is retail packaged. A company who needs a large order of something will place a bulk order (i.e. order a large quantity of something) and usually get some kind of discount. Also, the items will most likely be packaged differently than retail units. A common everyday thing you might be able to relate to is candy. Individual bars will have all the nutrition information on them, but bulk candy (many bars in one bag) will be wrapped differently and have the nutrition info on the main bag.

Claiming a individual item is from a bulk order on eBay can be a way to make an excuse for it's shady packaging or lack of packaging, which can indicate used or refurbished goods. Personally, I wouldn't trust it.
      05-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Incorrect. Bulk packaging means this:

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpratt34 View Post

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpratt34 View Post

if that's bulk packaging, what's this??

Last edited by Memphis1; 02-18-2011 at 10:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
^ dude that ain't no bulk packaging thats some side-effect of a seriously f**ked up botox job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Bulk means exactly that, the stuff is in bulk. What you go to the store and buy individually is retail packaged. A company who needs a large order of something will place a bulk order (i.e. order a large quantity of something) and usually get some kind of discount. Also, the items will most likely be packaged differently than retail units. A common everyday thing you might be able to relate to is candy. Individual bars will have all the nutrition information on them, but bulk candy (many bars in one bag) will be wrapped differently and have the nutrition info on the main bag.

Claiming a individual item is from a bulk order on eBay can be a way to make an excuse for it's shady packaging or lack of packaging, which can indicate used or refurbished goods. Personally, I wouldn't trust it.
I guess Ill be staying away. damn. I guess you get what you pay for.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0