E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bmw club - BMWCCA

08-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Bmw club - BMWCCA

Hello.
I recieved a card with my owners manual to join the "bmw club". it appeared to be an unofficial type club, but the fact i got it from the dealership leads me to believe it is official.
i think its only like 40 bucks a year or something, and my salesperson actually mentioned its worth it to join. he said there can be some fun meets and that if im a member for more then a year it entitles me to some discounts on my next bmw.
has anyone joined.
40 bucks a year is pretty cheap, but id perfer to not spend it if its gonna be a total waste
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
It is a good club and has been around a long time. I joined. It is officially sanctioned by BMW, and you can even get NICE discounts on future BMW purchases if you're a member.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
F30Toad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Genesis G70

The BMWCCA has helped me to enjoy my past two BMW's more than I ever could have without it. The best thing is that there is something for everyone, from plain meet & greet sessions to track racing and everything in between. They also throw in a subscription to a top rated club magazine called Roundel. For $40 bucks, it's worth a years try. I've never even considered stopping my membership since I joined.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You get:
a great magazine,
10% discount on parts,
$500-$1500 rebate check on a new bimmer (includes ED, must be member for 1 yr.),
access to website with all sorts of useful information,
a free classified add in Roundel,
access to track events
and other events with fellow bimmer lovers.

Personally, I think it's worth it for the magazine alone.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
noflash-

could you elaborate a little more on this rebate check. that alone sounds like a great reason to sign up.
      08-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #6
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Last time I remember looking it was:
$500 off 3 series
$1000 off 5 series
$1500 off 7 series

This after you have negotiated your deal with the dealer
e.g., you negotiate 1k over invoice, hand over your BMWCCA voucher, and get another $500 off. And the discount on parts is great too. Another good reason, along with ED, that makes an E90 a more reasonable value than it seems at first. I second noflash's list and recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #7
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
thanks!
      08-31-2005, 02:16 AM   #8
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
The BMWCCA car control clinic I went to was excellent.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #9
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

actually the new car/cpo rebate is handled on your own after you take delivery of the car. The dealer doesn't even need to know that you're getting extra money off.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Form-MembershipRewardCheckRequest.pdf (49.8 KB, 168 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 09:43 AM   #10
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
What they said!

Sadly, although I have owned bimmers for over 3 years, I was late to join and my annum will me in November. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 12:19 PM   #11
chazmtb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5D

Well worth the 40 bucks a year. You get a great magazine Roundel, which is the sister publication to Bimmer, and discounts on parts and service at both dealers and independent bmw service centers. Great network of support for local bmw owners (for you gearheads) and the rebates. I have been able to use the rebates twice since I joined.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
cdheaven
Rep

thanks guys! im convinced. i will be signing up tonight. i left the little card at home today. is there a website where i can just pay online?
thanks agian
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
Red
Chris Bangle For Prez
Rep
Drives: Ford (yea, I know)

http://www.bmwcca.org/members/am/tem...ection=welcome
      08-31-2005, 12:32 PM   #14
Jeffelite
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi Coupe

www.bmwcca.org
      08-31-2005, 04:27 PM   #15
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Hey, guys - I feel pretty stupid for lagging on this, but I just registered today in hopes to be a year-standing member by the time I take delivery next year so that I can get that juicy rebate.

Only issue I have right now is that I read you have to be a 1-year member immediately preceding the date of purchase of the vehicle - if I do ED (and planning to do ED in late August or early Sept), would the actual date be the date of pickup in Germany, or would it be a month in advance at the dealership when they place the order?

If I can't get the rebate, oh well. The club sounds interesting for me to join anyways.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2005, 06:14 PM   #16
cdheaven
Rep

i joined. done and done. thanks again
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #17
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

I would like to amplify on some of the above posts and clear up a misconception. The BMW CCA is not affiliated with either BMW AG or with BMW NA. It is an independent club made up of people who enjou BMW motor cars and is the largest single marque car club on the planet. As stated, there are many membership benefits. If interested, I suggest you visit the club web site at:
http://www.bmwcca.org/members/am/tem...ection=welcome
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #18
bobnaz
BMWCCA/NASA
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe ZP/ZS/Dinan ECU+Exh

Garage List
1999 M3  [0.00]
2007 ZSP ZPP Step a ...  [0.00]
Yes everyone should join. Saying that, on your online application is a section called:Were you recommended by a BMW CCA member? If so, please indicate who:
If you want to, you can put me

Bob Rittel
Member#185286
Since 5/8/2000 Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Benefits http://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Tem...MemberBenefits
1. Roundel Magazine
2. Money back when you buy a new or used certified BMW
3. Discounts on parts and labor
4. Going to club events that will show you what your car can do.
https://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Te...oinsection.cfm
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #19
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Hey, guys - I feel pretty stupid for lagging on this, but I just registered today in hopes to be a year-standing member by the time I take delivery next year so that I can get that juicy rebate.

Only issue I have right now is that I read you have to be a 1-year member immediately preceding the date of purchase of the vehicle - if I do ED (and planning to do ED in late August or early Sept), would the actual date be the date of pickup in Germany, or would it be a month in advance at the dealership when they place the order?

If I can't get the rebate, oh well. The club sounds interesting for me to join anyways.
The date you hand over the big check, and title to the car is transferred from the dealer to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #20
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

It would have been morally appropriate for Bobnaz to have provided his motivation for listing him as your recommender. See below:

The BMW CCA Membership Drive is from September 1, 2005 to July 15, 2006.
This membership drive is open to three categories of participants:

1. current BMW CCA members,
2. current BMW CCA members who work for a BMW dealer or independent BMW shop, and
3. BMW CCA chapters.

To be eligible, BMW CCA members must be paid members; (that is, they may not be members by virtue of being "comped" by BMW CCA or a BMW CCA chapter).

The program differentiates between BMW CCA members who work at BMW dealers or independent shops and those who don't. This reason is that those who work at places where BMWs are sold, serviced, or repaired are assumed to have a much greater opportunity to meet BMW owners who may not already be members of BMW CCA. While all BMW CCA members have equal opportunities to receive the membership extension reward, they will only be competing against other members in their own category for the additional prize drawings and grand prizes.

There are three reward categories of this incentive program that correspond to the three categories of participants:

1. rewards for current BMW CCA members who refer new members;
2. rewards for BMW dealer or independent BMW shop employees who refer new members; and
3. rewards for chapters that achieve a designated level of new member activity.

In addition to ongoing incentive rewards for each member referred, BMW CCA members who refer new members, and BMW CCA members who are employed by BMW dealers or independent BMW shops and who refer new members will be eligible for drawings for a variety of additional prizes at the end of the membership drive. These drawings will take place at Oktoberfest 2006. Winners need not be present at Oktoberfest to win. The prize list will be published on the web site as prizes are added.

Please visit for more details and to get started!!!:

www.bmwcca.org/members
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #21
bobnaz
BMWCCA/NASA
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe ZP/ZS/Dinan ECU+Exh

Garage List
1999 M3  [0.00]
2007 ZSP ZPP Step a ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
It would have been morally appropriate for Bobnaz to have provided his motivation for listing him as your recommender. See below:

The BMW CCA Membership Drive is from September 1, 2005 to July 15, 2006.
This membership drive is open to three categories of participants:

1. current BMW CCA members,
2. current BMW CCA members who work for a BMW dealer or independent BMW shop, and
3. BMW CCA chapters.

To be eligible, BMW CCA members must be paid members; (that is, they may not be members by virtue of being "comped" by BMW CCA or a BMW CCA chapter).

The program differentiates between BMW CCA members who work at BMW dealers or independent shops and those who don't. This reason is that those who work at places where BMWs are sold, serviced, or repaired are assumed to have a much greater opportunity to meet BMW owners who may not already be members of BMW CCA. While all BMW CCA members have equal opportunities to receive the membership extension reward, they will only be competing against other members in their own category for the additional prize drawings and grand prizes.

There are three reward categories of this incentive program that correspond to the three categories of participants:

1. rewards for current BMW CCA members who refer new members;
2. rewards for BMW dealer or independent BMW shop employees who refer new members; and
3. rewards for chapters that achieve a designated level of new member activity.

In addition to ongoing incentive rewards for each member referred, BMW CCA members who refer new members, and BMW CCA members who are employed by BMW dealers or independent BMW shops and who refer new members will be eligible for drawings for a variety of additional prizes at the end of the membership drive. These drawings will take place at Oktoberfest 2006. Winners need not be present at Oktoberfest to win. The prize list will be published on the web site as prizes are added.

Please visit for more details and to get started!!!:

www.bmwcca.org/members
You are correct, I apologize for not making full and fair disclosure. I have been a member for only 5 years but have enjoyed all the great benefits. I solicit whether a benefit or not because it is a great deal. So join because it's a great deal, and you can leave me out of it. You won't regret it!

Last edited by bobnaz; 09-06-2005 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #22
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep

Now it is my turn to apologize - I was just having fun. We all hope you win something. If you get a really cool prize like a new M5 send it to E90Fleet. I think those of us that are in BMWCCA unanimously agree that it is a great club.
Appreciate 0