E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > '06 E90 330xi....problems

05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
'06 E90 330xi....problems

Ok so I've been having alot of problems with my car lately and instead of posting like 3 or 4 different threads in various sections of the forum I thought I would just combine it in 1 in the General section. First off engine ticking is back. I had the valve lifters replaced at about 45k and I get it intermittently now. This is something that I have to have the dealer look at but I just wanted to tell you guys. So here are my problems/questions.

Some background info: Serviced regularly at dealer however I would like to do maintenance/simple repairs myself now, since I'm out of warranty. About 52300 on the OD right now.

1) Long cranks when starting up in the morning. About 2 or 3 times as long as a normal start. Ignition coils? I need a damn BT scan tool. (Refer to #6)
2) Right brake light malfunction...just the right. I checked connections. I have oem blacklines and all the lights work correctly. I'm thinking my resistor for my reverse LED light is burnt out so I need a new one. Anyone know the resistor specs JLevi sells? I called and they didn't know. No one did. I'm going to put my OEM bulb back in soon and see if that clears it. If so, it is definitely the resistor.
3) Brake fluid. Not really a problem but I need it changed and would like to put in a better fluid than OEM. Anyone know where to buy a kit with pads rotors and fluid? I like slotted/drilled rotors. I know the "risks" of crossdriled...I don't plan on tracking the car and my driving habits won't create enough heat to cause thermal cracking.
4) State inspection/emissions. Not really a problem but a pain. I also need to get new plates because someone stole my front one. I removed my carbon filter in my intake. Anyone know if I will fail the emissions test?
5) I want to do some maintenance/preventative stuff. a) Change oil b)Microfilter c)auto tranny fluid d) power steering fluid
Should I just get everything OEM from Tischer? Are there any other things to consider for preventative maintenance?
6) Anyone know where to get the BT scan tool for cheaper than $287 from Bav tech themselves? I've googled and it just brings up various forum for sale threads lol.
7) Corner delete mod. I don't have LED's, just solaris invisibulbs up front. Does Chaumus or whoevers DIY work for non-LEDs? I don't understand the DIy can someone explain it better?

I know this is alot and I thank everyone in advanced for contributing!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Bump...anyone have any input?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

do you want upgraded brakes? or just all new of what is stock on your car?

Tischer sells BMW performance brake kits for right under 2k

if not just buy all the parts seperatly on tischer, rotors are like $100 per one and pads are cheap

buy all your parts from tischer if you plan on keeping the car a long time
      05-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I want aftermarket rotors and pads with low dust. I can't stand the amount of dust our OEM pads create. I just detailed my car 2 days ago and there is a light coat of dust already.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Bump...anyone have any input?
I have an MT 330xi MY2006 and am facing the same set of operations you are (fluids). So far, I have not done any of the work (except tires) because the car has not been giving me any problems, so I cannot help.
Appreciate 0