E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > September production invoice pricing for Canada?

08-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

September production invoice pricing for Canada?

Does anyone have the September production invoice pricing for the Canadian market? Preferably with options (sports package, comfort access, leather seats)...

Also, does anyone know if different dealerships are charging different freight/pdi chargers? I noticed that the pricing info on this board has the Canadian freight/pdi as 1150 or so, wheras the local dealership is quoting over $1500! For $1500, I'll drive it accross the ocean myself
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
timlang
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

I beleive the invoice pricing for Canada went up by $400 over the old invoice pricing (for both 325i and 330i).

Also, the Freight/PDI charge also went up for deliveries September and later, from $1595, to $1795 !.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 04:22 AM   #3
counter_strike
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330

$$$

the sale guy from Vancouver's Brian Jessel told me they increased the price for $600. ( of which $200 from frieght/PDI)

and no discount from MSRP. I ended up talking it down a bit but looks like they are not really to deal too much. Go to other dealers who are willing to discount more.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlang
I beleive the invoice pricing for Canada went up by $400 over the old invoice pricing (for both 325i and 330i).

Also, the Freight/PDI charge also went up for deliveries September and later, from $1595, to $1795 !.
I can accept the $400 increase, grudgingly. It was never likely that the car would stay at the same price range as the E46. But a $200 freight increase? That's just stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 04:15 AM   #5
TwinPowerF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

are september models going to have the probs that some people are experiencing fixed?

no comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
I've heard that comfort access will be available on September deliveries... maybe.

As for the freight & PDI thing,... it will be different if you live in Halifax vs. Ottawa vs. Vancouver. Out west, we're paying around $1500 for F&PDI. That, of course, was before the price bump.

Also, if you're being told that there's NO room for a discount, go somewhere else. Brian Jessel is one of/if not the largest dealerships in the country, and apparently sell cars to people who don't care that they're paying MSRP+. The number of posts on this board about people being told that there's no discounts is just nuts.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #7
timlang
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

I dealt with Brian Jessel and got a decent discount off MSRP. I think it depends on the Salesman you are dealing with.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullo
As for the freight & PDI thing,... it will be different if you live in Halifax vs. Ottawa vs. Vancouver. Out west, we're paying around $1500 for F&PDI. That, of course, was before the price bump.

Also, if you're being told that there's NO room for a discount, go somewhere else. Brian Jessel is one of/if not the largest dealerships in the country, and apparently sell cars to people who don't care that they're paying MSRP+. The number of posts on this board about people being told that there's no discounts is just nuts.
The freight and PDI thing still seems really steep to me, particularly when the us is only paying $695 or so, and its rolled into the price of their cars! I'm tempted to buy a car in the US, particularly since I still have quite a few utterly devalued american dollars tanking in investments. The only question I have is whether I would then be double taxed - once at the point of purchase and once at the border. If not, a US car + changing the speedo and drl settings in the computer may be the way to go!

As for discounts, there are ALWAYS discounts. It just depends on how much work, and how many people you are willing to talk to. Anyone who buys a car at MSRP is nuts: even the most popular vehicles (supercars possibly excluded) will sell for below MSRP if you wait a few months after launch. The best tactic is to let the dealership know that if they don't give you the discount you want, you're pretty sure another dealership will.
Appreciate 0