Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Some luck I have

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Some luck I have

so as i write this, im sitting in my car, near queensboro bridge in new york. i was on my way home and i didnt see the pothole.......yup u guessed it. but not one, but TWO flats on god damn NEW TIRES AND WHEELS (oem 189s) on the right side. yup, right side tires blown.

if i go back to the tire shop which i had it done yesterday, do u think i can get it replaced??? do i have any bent rims (what r the chances)

i just dont wanna shelve out like another 300 when i JUST had this done no more than 24 hrs ago.....FML
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:

Just came home....luckily I was carrying around 4 Style 268's for sale, which a buyer dropped out.....

So I called my dad, he came, and we managed to removed the somewhat stripped lug nuts and replace the wheel

Turns out...I didn't hit a pot hole because I retraced my route at the exact time the tires blew. The road was completely paved, no bumps or anything.

I'm assuming that the shop who sealed my tires didn't do a good job...correct me if i'm wrong?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

possibly over inflated tires bursted?
Any damage at all to the wheels? is there a hole in the tires?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch View Post
possibly over inflated tires bursted?
Any damage at all to the wheels? is there a hole in the tires?
Nah, the tires were properly inflated. I actually checked this morning before I left the house. Max PSI is 50, according to Pirelli (PZero Nero A/S tires) and when I gauged it, it was 36 rear and 34 front.

Wheels were slightly rashed, maybe an inch, but thats it. Didn't see any holes/bubbles
Appreciate 0