ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Z4MC owner in Richmond, VA - any others?

Just curious if there were any other members from the central VA/Richmond area. With the two BMW dealers in Richmond, I bet there are a few Z4Ms in the general region, never know if the owners frequent here though. I'm in Chesterfield county.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I'm in bristol TN so not too too far away but probably closer than most.
      04-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I'm in Short Pump--same car as you!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep

Short Pump, know it well. We lived in apartments off of Nuckols Rd. for the first year we were in Richmond. Don't know about you, but I've been actually pretty pleased with Richmond BMW on Broad St. - they were very good to me with my M3. We'll see how they are when I bring my M coupe to them, a car I didn't get from them....

Great to hear there's another Z4MC from the forum that is local! And Knoxville isn't too far, about 5 hours I think. That's if you take 81, which is kind of boring and full of a-holes.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

Well that means I'm only about 3 hours from you as I'm about 2 hours from knox. I'm right off of 81 as soon as you cross into TN.
      04-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep

onebluemcm--are you a BMW CCA member? There are a couple other guys with Z4MCs in the local chapter. We have a bunch of events coming up if you're interested, and it's also a great HPDE resource, too. Gets you a discount at Richmond BMW as well. PM me if you'd like more info.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
biglet2002
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i Sport sedan

Richmond area

I'm not an M owner.. but we live in Midlothian! Just ordered the Dinan S Package for our '03 Z4 2.5i.. I know it's not an M... but fun nonetheless.. I belong to the local ZCCA and BMWCCA.. Hope to see you at some events... our local BMWCCA chapter vp has a Z4M coupe, too. We also meet monthly at Champps in Stoney Point the first Wed of each month if you care to join us.. It's a casual gathering to kvetch...

Lisa
      04-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Fredericksburg VA. My car is sitting at Midlothian BMW right now. I only let one mechanic there do the work on my car.. Waiting for a new differential.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
Fredericksburg VA. My car is sitting at Midlothian BMW right now. I only let one mechanic there do the work on my car.. Waiting for a new differential.
Two questions:

Which Mechanic?

And what happened to the diff?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep

Cool - lots of folks around!

To trsbmw: I'm glad you found a guy at the Midlo store - I'm not a fan of that joint at all. I bought my M3 from the Richmond BMW store on Broad street and it has been an excellent experience all around. They did about $2700 worth of work on it to CPO the car, and the car was absoultely trouble free during my time of owning it. Also, when I went to sell, I needed them to check something for my buyer in a pinch, and on a busy Saturday, the squeezed me in and even had it on a lift to address the issue for the buyer on my behalf. The salesman we had was great as well. And now, the spouse of a co-worker is a mechanic at the Broad street location as well - bonus.

To biglet2002: Lisa: I didn't know there was a ZCCA - that might be kind of cool - more info? Also, yeah, the meeting at Champs could be cool too. We've been there once, it was a good time. We've been talking about getting more involved with a group like this, something that has nothing to do with work and people with common interest. Meeting you all at Champs would be great. Just need reminders....busy we are....

To MFGJR: Yeah, my wife and I are members, have been since '07 when we got the M3 (recently sold to make room for the Z4MC) and we've been talking about maybe getting more involved with the local chapters. I get mailings from Blue Ridge and Tidewater, so I'm not sure which we actually belong to, but when we moved to Chesterfield is when we started getting Tidewater mailings. I don't know if we'll be able to make it, but the Outerbanks event coming up sounded cool, and my wife's sister and family live in Nags head - bounus #2... Would be glad to hear more about events coming up.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
Cool - lots of folks around!

To trsbmw: I'm glad you found a guy at the Midlo store - I'm not a fan of that joint at all. I bought my M3 from the Richmond BMW store on Broad street and it has been an excellent experience all around. They did about $2700 worth of work on it to CPO the car, and the car was absoultely trouble free during my time of owning it. Also, when I went to sell, I needed them to check something for my buyer in a pinch, and on a busy Saturday, the squeezed me in and even had it on a lift to address the issue for the buyer on my behalf. The salesman we had was great as well. And now, the spouse of a co-worker is a mechanic at the Broad street location as well - bonus.

To biglet2002: Lisa: I didn't know there was a ZCCA - that might be kind of cool - more info? Also, yeah, the meeting at Champs could be cool too. We've been there once, it was a good time. We've been talking about getting more involved with a group like this, something that has nothing to do with work and people with common interest. Meeting you all at Champs would be great. Just need reminders....busy we are....

To MFGJR: Yeah, my wife and I are members, have been since '07 when we got the M3 (recently sold to make room for the Z4MC) and we've been talking about maybe getting more involved with the local chapters. I get mailings from Blue Ridge and Tidewater, so I'm not sure which we actually belong to, but when we moved to Chesterfield is when we started getting Tidewater mailings. I don't know if we'll be able to make it, but the Outerbanks event coming up sounded cool, and my wife's sister and family live in Nags head - bounus #2... Would be glad to hear more about events coming up.
MFGJR sent you at PM
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
azadian2b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

This thread hasn't had a post in a while, but I recently purchased a black sapphire metallic Z4MC. I live in the fan (Davis and Kensington). I've seen another black sapphire in the fan as well as an imola red out near innsbrook. Are either of you fellow drivers on these boards?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #13
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Azadian2b,

Yeah, a couple of us are on here regularly--both Silver Gray coupes. I know the Imola car's owner (our kids used to date) and I think I know whose black coupe you're seeing.

So how are you liking the car? Where'd you find it?
Appreciate 0