E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need help in a hurry

11-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Need help in a hurry

Hello, i am new to this forum but have been lurking the past few weeks. I currently lease a 06 530i and have been given the opportunity to get into a 335 without paying any money. I have test driven the 335i sedan 6AT and it was unbelievable. I think i would like to go with the 335i coupe 6AT but am not sure and would like some advice/opinions.

So far i ahve driven the sedan and think it is extremely fast, the steering is incredible, the transmission is a dream, the suspension is soft yet sporty, and it handles great. I have not had a chance to drive a 335 coupe because no one has one and i go back up to college in 4 days. Here are a few questions i have. If you could answer any of them it would be of great help to me and i would really appreciate it.

1. How does the driving experience of the sedan compare to the coupe?
2. If the MSRP is 46945 what is a realistic discount to ask for(family has bought 7+cars from dealer)?
3. Performance wise how does the coupe compare to the sedan?
4. The wait time for a coupe is late Jan. right now. I could probably have a sedan much sooner. Is it worth the wait.
5. How does the coupe handle compared to the sedan?
6. I was planning on going with coupe Space Grey/Black Poplar wood trim(black and grey) Leather ZPP ZSP PDC 6AT Paddles-Is this a nice setup?

Sorry for the long post but probably going to be doing deal on Saturday and need the help. You guys are very knowledgeable and look forward to the responses.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

You don't need help, you need perspective.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

1) There is almost no difference, imo. They are pretty much the same weight and size.
2) I have no idea, I'm in Canada. I'd imagine invoice+~$1000 is realistic.
3) They are the same, there's less than 50lbs difference.
4) Depends on what you want, 4 door has 4 doors... 2 door doesn't. Different styling, sport suspension is standard on the coupe, otherwise they are pretty damned similar.
5) Same as #1, it'd be hard to tell the difference.
6) I dunno, that's personal! Space Grey is a nice color, you'll get a ton of opinions on leather vs leatherette and AT vs MT, go with what you like.

I think the overwhelming thing you should get is that the coupe and sedan are very similar aside from styling and the addition of 3 doors and a 5th seating position. In terms of engine, suspension, drivetrain, etc, they are practically the same car. Do you like the 4 doors in the 5 series? Do you use the rear seats a lot? Do you have a strong opinion on the styling you like better? Those should determine sedan vs coupe for you, not the power/handling.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Welcome to the forum.

The following thread may not answer all of your questions, but will include some opinions from fellow members:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=sedan+coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I've had a 330 and a 335, both with ZPP and ZSP, Step. I can't compare E90 335 to E92 335, but I loved my sedan. Handled great. Both handle great. I wanted a coupe, a four seater, and I love the E92. So if I were you, I'd go with what you like the best. The nice thing about the coupe is there's plenty of room in the back for your passengers; so don't worry about that.

I think the coupe is worth the wait, unless you're taking the bus in the meantime. I see lots of E90s here in L.A., but I still have yet to see an E92, which is kinda cool to still get looks. Enjoy!
      11-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
Traceaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
Hello, i am new to this forum but have been lurking the past few weeks. I currently lease a 06 530i and have been given the opportunity to get into a 335 without paying any money. I have test driven the 335i sedan 6AT and it was unbelievable. I think i would like to go with the 335i coupe 6AT but am not sure and would like some advice/opinions.

So far i ahve driven the sedan and think it is extremely fast, the steering is incredible, the transmission is a dream, the suspension is soft yet sporty, and it handles great. I have not had a chance to drive a 335 coupe because no one has one and i go back up to college in 4 days. Here are a few questions i have. If you could answer any of them it would be of great help to me and i would really appreciate it.

1. How does the driving experience of the sedan compare to the coupe?
2. If the MSRP is 46945 what is a realistic discount to ask for(family has bought 7+cars from dealer)?
3. Performance wise how does the coupe compare to the sedan?
4. The wait time for a coupe is late Jan. right now. I could probably have a sedan much sooner. Is it worth the wait.
5. How does the coupe handle compared to the sedan?
6. I was planning on going with coupe Space Grey/Black Poplar wood trim(black and grey) Leather ZPP ZSP PDC 6AT Paddles-Is this a nice setup?

1. Coupe is a little sportier, Sedan is more practical. If you're in college, I would think the coupe is a more natural fit. However, sounds like either way, the car is going to be free for you, so whatever you get will be incredible.
2. I'd ask for 1500-2000 off and see if they bite. Every area of the country is different in terms of how flexible the dealer is however. Being that it's near the end of the month as well as nearing the end of the year, you should be able to get a pretty good discount.
3. The performance is the same on them. 0-60 is 4.8 for MT and 4.9 for AT.
4. Again, if I were in college, I would MUCH rather have the coupe than the sedan. Newer body style as well. This is of course however a personal preference.
5. Handling on the coupe should be better than the sedan (25% more rigid)
6. This is a personal preference, get whatever color/combo you like. Personally, if you like the grays, I think Sparkling Graphite is much nicer than Space Gray, but hey, its your car. Get what you like! If do get the AT, make sure you get the paddles. Also, make sure you get Comfort Access. Best option available for the money.

Happy Hunting!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
Neon21db
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi Q8

Get the navigation also.
Appreciate 0