European Auto Source (EAS)

03-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Condensation

Hi guys... this may only apply to the guys with E93's but I am getting alot of condensation in the rear lights and also damp in the boot where the left panel compartment is for the manual ( I think this may happen when I open the boot when it has rained previously and it drips in). Anyone else experience this??
Flapps??
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I have the saloon and no such problems Taz. Even after Jet-washing.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Hi guys... this may only apply to the guys with E93's but I am getting alot of condensation in the rear lights and also damp in the boot where the left panel compartment is for the manual ( I think this may happen when I open the boot when it has rained previously and it drips in). Anyone else experience this??
Flapps??
No problems with the rear lights for me. If I've washed the car and am drying it over, when I open the boot water does drip into the boot, but only for a moment until I wipe around the rear edge. Otherwise no problems.
      03-02-2010, 04:21 AM   #4
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Damn... maybe I need to get it checked out..
Thanks guys!!
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Damn... maybe I need to get it checked out..
Thanks guys!!
If I were you, I'd check with Wafik if he had this issue with his original E93... the roof certainly leaked and he got a new M3 out of it!
      03-02-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
My E93 used to leak water into the boot area - the dealer had it quite a few times for this issue. In the left side of the boot was a plastic compartment, this used to always have an inch or two of water in it during periods of bad weather. There had been modified roof seals prduced that the dealer fitted but it never cured it. In the end the car went back to the lease company so someone else will have had the issues this winter

Hope you get it sorted and make sure you trust the dealer. My local dealer was pretty crap and introduced all sorts of rattles into the roof every time they messed with it
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
My E93 used to leak water into the boot area - the dealer had it quite a few times for this issue. In the left side of the boot was a plastic compartment, this used to always have an inch or two of water in it during periods of bad weather. There had been modified roof seals prduced that the dealer fitted but it never cured it. In the end the car went back to the lease company so someone else will have had the issues this winter

Hope you get it sorted and make sure you trust the dealer. My local dealer was pretty crap and introduced all sorts of rattles into the roof every time they messed with it
Damn... thats not good to hear... mine doesnt have that much water going in..im going to see how it is in the summer. Thanks for the info.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Come the spring it will be fine, you will forget you ever had the problem, until next autumn and it starts all over again
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Damn... thats not good to hear... mine doesnt have that much water going in..im going to see how it is in the summer. Thanks for the info.
Just take it in under warranty, let them sort it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert, Silverstone II DCT.

Quote:
Flapps??
Taz....... I'm either going too fast for water to go anywhere other than off the car or having the roof down for long periods is evaporating any moisture in the boot......... Seriously though, not noticed anything like that and its worrying if its a re-occuring problem. Will keep an eye out for it and report back. Hope you get it sorted, cant let the side down......

Flapps
      03-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #11
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Just take it in under warranty, let them sort it.
If only life were so simple!!! Wafik's old E93 was in the dealer for that long trying to get this problem fixed, they eventually had to replace his car!

There is a balance between how long you let them keep trying for before you just think f*&k it and have the car back again.

My E93 would go in for a week at a time and the problem never got fixed. They always claimed they had fixed it (roof shell trims, roof seals, modified drainage pipes, replacement boot seals, the list was endless) but after a few weeks the cubby hole in the boot would fill with water and if I carried any paperwork or literature round in the boot it would always end up very damp. The underside of the bootlid was often covered in condensation and also the in back lights like the OP said.

The OP 'may' be lucky and the dealer finds the problem straight away. The weird thing is that I could jet wash the car and the boot would remain dry, but then after some light rain, an inch or so of water could have accumulated - no pattern to it and difficult mto remedy.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #12
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I dont know if I can be bothered.... but...im going to contact them and see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
If only life were so simple!!! Wafik's old E93 was in the dealer for that long trying to get this problem fixed, they eventually had to replace his car!

There is a balance between how long you let them keep trying for before you just think f*&k it and have the car back again.

My E93 would go in for a week at a time and the problem never got fixed. They always claimed they had fixed it (roof shell trims, roof seals, modified drainage pipes, replacement boot seals, the list was endless) but after a few weeks the cubby hole in the boot would fill with water and if I carried any paperwork or literature round in the boot it would always end up very damp. The underside of the bootlid was often covered in condensation and also the in back lights like the OP said.

The OP 'may' be lucky and the dealer finds the problem straight away. The weird thing is that I could jet wash the car and the boot would remain dry, but then after some light rain, an inch or so of water could have accumulated - no pattern to it and difficult mto remedy.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0