E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Can you retrofit DCT paddles on a 335i

02-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
Animalfreeride
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i MSport Coupe

Can you retrofit DCT paddles on a 335i

Hi all,

I've been toying with changing the paddle set up on my car so that left shifts down & right shifts up (ie - & +). I've driven my friends Aston Martin a few times which has this set up & personally prefer it this way.

I know this is possible as I 've seen in another thread which essentially involved a bit of re-wiring.

However is it possible to change the chrome paddles to the ones on an M3 which have the - & + symbols?
Car Ownership History Red Ford Sierra, Blue Ford Orion Giha, Burgundy Ford Fiesta, Black Vauxhall Corsa SRI, Blue Rover 216 SI , Silver Volvo S40 T4 Saloon, Blue Renault Clio RXE, Black Renault Clio 172 Sport, Red VW Polo, Peugeot Expert & BMW 335i MSport Coupe
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
jke11y
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I had some matt black vinyl + and - symbols cut and stuck them on the paddles - pretty effective and looks like they should be there.

I dont know if it was my thread you read, but I set mine so the push function was disabled, meaning I wouldnt be touching where I had stuck the + and -

I did see on here pics of someone who had switched the whole steering wheel assembly to get the M3 paddles. The best way by far to do it, but the gain for me is far outweighed by the cost - I`ll stick to a couple of vinyl cutouts...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Is the wheel fitment different?

I know with VAG DSG you could order the R32 golf nice machined alloy paddles and they would directly replace the naff plastic ones on all lesser VAG DSG's
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalfreeride View Post
Hi all,

I've been toying with changing the paddle set up on my car so that left shifts down & right shifts up (ie - & +). I've driven my friends Aston Martin a few times which has this set up & personally prefer it this way.

I know this is possible as I 've seen in another thread which essentially involved a bit of re-wiring.

However is it possible to change the chrome paddles to the ones on an M3 which have the - & + symbols?
Would be happy with keeping the paddles but changing left/right = down/up...is this easy then?
      02-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
jke11y
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Would be happy with keeping the paddles but changing left/right = down/up...is this easy then?
Here is my thread on doing it which has all the links you need.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329201
Appreciate 0