E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need advice- SES 6x in 5 months

02-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
waylap
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Need advice- SES 6x in 5 months

My 2006 330i with 41k miles has been back to the dealership 6 times in the last few months for a few issues, mainly the SES light. It was also there for a bad ignition coil- car started running like it was only firing on half the cylinders, shaking, barely running. The SA finally thought he tracked down the SES problem to the vacuum pump off the fuel tank which vents the gasses to a charcoal filter. That was 2 months ago with no more SES light problems ( I figured they just cut the wire that turns on the SES light).

Now all of a sudden- five days after the warranty was over- Bam! SES light and running BAD- like only on half the cyclinders again- AND the adaptive headlight malfunction warning light came on. I took it in and the SA assured me that they would cover this under warranty- that it was an ignition coil again and needed a whole new headlight motor and assembly. They have had it a week. Odd, because any other time they had it only one whole day. I'm not complaining- I've got a 335i loaner, so thats cool but- what happens when I get my 330i back and this crap happens again and my warranty is expired? Is there a way to have BMW NA get involved to help me into a different vehicle? It's financed not leased and still owe 24k on it.
      02-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

I believe if you have issues with the same problem before warranty expired, they can still cover it. As long as it is documented. But I think it has to do with the dealership and depends if they want to fix it or not i guess. Maybe you can contact BMWNA and ask them the same question. If you will be covered since the issue was never fixed during warranty
Appreciate 0