BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

01-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Scargo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535xi, 2002 M3 convertibl

Tires for trip to Maine from CT

OK, I'm a newbie when it comes to BMWs and New England weather. I want to take my '02 M3 to downeast Maine for a week. I love to drive it on the open road. That's 12-14 hours to go and come back. I won't have to drive much while there. I plan on going through Boston and might get off the beaten path. I can sorta plan my return around decent weather if i must.
Back here, near the coast, I have several cars to choose from to drive. I used to drive my RX-7 R1 from Dallas to Taos to ski on all season tires without much of an issue. Perhaps I was lucky. I've got the Michelin Pilot Sports and I can hardly get around my driveway if there is any snow. They won't do...

I don't think I will go through another winter with this car. I'm not enamored with the SMG.
What's my cheapest/best way out for this winter?

Look at that S car go! Before the M3...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I wouldn't embark on a 12 hour NE journey with PS2s at this time of the year. Not a good idea...