E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Gonna buy an e92, but can't decide on the color

10-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

Question Gonna buy an e92, but can't decide on the color

Hi all;

I'm planning to buy a 335i coupé nowadays but I can't decide which color to have...

The new coupe looks astonishing in every color, but I got some problems with most of them...

First of all, I live in Turkey and it is a god damn bad place to own a car. All of the roads have holes which collect water after rain and its a very dusty, dirty country. Thats why it isa pain in the *** to have a dark colored car in here. Both of my cars are black ATM, and I can't manage to keep them clean more than 24 hrs

There are also thousands of ***holes who scratches your car because of their jealousy. I m pretty sure that there will be a lot of jealous people who will be willing to sign their names on my car. So dark colors are a no-no in Turkey...

Both Space Grey and Titanium Silver are the best solution for the problems above. They both look great , but I want my car to be unique you know. The Turkish dealers of BMW has a stock of ~1000 coupes for this year and more than 800 of them are in theese colors

Now here's my questions:

- What do you think about Montegro Blue? The car is awesome in that color and I m surew it will be a unique one in Turkey. But I never had a blue car so I don't know if its hard to keep it clean or not? Also does it reveal the scratches and wax whirls like dark colors?

- Arctic White is a kinda cool in the pictures. But since I haven't seen it i real life, I think its a bit girlish... What do you think about it? Will it fit a man who is blod and masculine like me

And by the way, did you know that Turkey is also the most expensive country in buying a car? This 335i coupe that you buy around 40.000$ in USA costs 140.000 $ in Turkey (and it doesn't have i-drive since we dont have the navgation system integrated to our country, duh). I could have bought 3 and a half coupes in America with that money..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
cal99_99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

leave your country is the only solution u could buy a house and a car with that much money in US.

Placed order:9-16-06
production started:10-18-06
Production finished:10-24-06
waited at port of exit:10-25-06
Shipped: 11-01-06
Arrived:11-16-06
At VPC:11-21-06
At dealer:11-25-06
delivery: 11-27-06
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
treublue
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

If your counrty is bad for cars. Get a SUV/X5 or Hummer etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by treublue
If your counrty is bad for cars. Get a SUV/X5 or Hummer etc.
That was my thought too.. But if you are going for the BMW, based on what you said about people keying or scratching it, I would get white- easiest to match the touch up paint!
      10-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

MOVE! What does turkey really have that makes you want to stay so bad? Oh, and come to the US and bring 10 hot girls
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Montego or Arctic. Montego is a beautiful color and won't be hard to keep clean. Arctic isn't "girly" but you have to have the taste for a car that looks silver/blue/gray/green and even gold in sunrise/sunset.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #7
06330i
fresher den you
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2004 x3

Garage List
2006 E90, 330i  [0.00]
artic is an amazing color i think! and yah if you have soo many problems in turkey why not just get the hell out of there?
      10-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #8
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep

Haha, 6 replies, only 2 of them are answering my questions...

You're all right, it would be the best for someone to leave Turkey instead of struggling with it...

But come on, it's not that easy to leave a place that you've born and lived for so long. I can't leave my family, friends and my old lifestyle in a snap, especially just for a car

Montegro with dakota grey interior and black piano finish would be my choice then.

But Arctic sounds cool too. A car that changes color according to the lighting would be also original. And since its a metallic paint, it wont be hard to keep up.

But can't find a lot of good actic photos in this forum. Is there another place that I can see actual pictures of arctic white?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #9
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep

oh and, I m not planning to buy an SUV. Cause I don't like the feel of SUV's and 4x4's. I feel like I'm a truck driver inside it.. My cars needs to be agile and close to the ground.

Also SUV's a a lot expensiver than coupe's . And there is a chance of the military to take your SUV in an emergency. I can't imagine Turkish soldiers charging the enemy with a BMW x5 That ll be lame but, the law is set like that...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marvelous
Hi all;

I'm planning to buy a 335i coupé nowadays but I can't decide which color to have...

The new coupe looks astonishing in every color, but I got some problems with most of them...

First of all, I live in Turkey and it is a god damn bad place to own a car. All of the roads have holes which collect water after rain and its a very dusty, dirty country. Thats why it isa pain in the *** to have a dark colored car in here. Both of my cars are black ATM, and I can't manage to keep them clean more than 24 hrs
Quote:
There are also thousands of ***holes who scratches your car because of their jealousy. I m pretty sure that there will be a lot of jealous people who will be willing to sign their names on my car. So dark colors are a no-no in Turkey...
You know your country and your people, so decide accordingly and wisely

Quote:
Both Space Grey and Titanium Silver are the best solution for the problems above. They both look great , but I want my car to be unique you know. The Turkish dealers of BMW has a stock of ~1000 coupes for this year and more than 800 of them are in theese colors
Being unique often has a little price tag attached to it

Quote:
Now here's my questions:
Quote:
- What do you think about Montegro Blue? The car is awesome in that color and I m surew it will be a unique one in Turkey. But I never had a blue car so I don't know if its hard to keep it clean or not? Also does it reveal the scratches and wax whirls like dark colors?
It's a little better than Black (say @ 16 to 24 hours extra time ) ; Montego Blue is a Metallic color, so it's a little better than a flat color or a very dark color, but it's still dark... so, yes it will show scratchs and whirls better than Silver or White.

Quote:
- Arctic White is a kinda cool in the pictures. But since I haven't seen it i real life, I think its a bit girlish... What do you think about it? Will it fit a man who is blod and masculine like me
Sure, why not ; the question should be: Is is in your range of colors in life or in your life ... ? THINK

Quote:
And by the way, did you know that Turkey is also the most expensive country in buying a car? This 335i coupe that you buy around 40.000$ in USA costs 140.000 $ in Turkey (and it doesn't have i-drive since we dont have the navgation system integrated to our country, duh). I could have bought 3 and a half coupes in America with that money..

Some of us did. Choices are
:
1) Stay there and Pay
2) Move with your friends and Family ... the ones you actually like
3) Work your ass off and make more money
4) Buy a cheaper car
5) Buy donkey and a Cart* (like the one in Shrek)

P.S.: Usually the salaries and cost of living are relative. Unless it's because they want you to buy the crap they make locally ... hummm, does that bring any country to mind

*P.S.: Love the Turkish Grand Prix; one of the most beautiful, nicely designed and middle eastern architechtured F1 Circuits in the world. Istanbul is also a very beautiful and cultured city (altough overcrowded and poluted).

Read & Think B4 you

Last edited by Norsk; 10-21-2006 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep

Guys come on, I am not gonna move to USA just for a car right now... Even if I decide to move, your government won't let me you know. Since I'm Turkish and Muslim, I AM a Terroris for them lol. Thats why I m gonna buy this car in Turkey period.

Maybe I should stick with TiAg just like everyone else...
      10-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

post pics, i'll let you know if you're a terrorist

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

barbie pink
my vote goes for black, saw a black coupe and looks so good in person
      10-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #14
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
post pics, i'll let you know if you're a terrorist
+1

I love it
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Guys come on, I am not gonna move to USA just for a car right now... Even if I decide to move, your government won't let me you know. Since I'm Turkish and Muslim, I AM a Terroris for them lol. Thats why I m gonna buy this car in Turkey period.

Maybe I should stick with TiAg just like everyone else...
You're right; then Choice number "1" is the one for you
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Arctic...you can search for Arctic in this forum. There may not be a lot, but I guess..around 23046.5 pictures of Arctic available right now. Hopefull, they're enough for you.
      10-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #17
loudtrio
Bimmer enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i mon blue

You might try the lighter blue, cuz then you cut down on half the washes. Dark in the mud and crap means you'll be washing it every other day.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #18
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

OK there is only one color that will work..............SG

Sparkling Graphite looks awesome AND is not so dark that it will look like crap right away and is not so bright that it will attract attention from
!$@#*)&% hole keyscratchers. It is a very neutral color and yet in the sun
looks awesome. It also will not be nearly as common as silver. Definitely not
girlie like Arctic and Montego Blu looks like a giant cough drop/throat lozenge
with wheels........

Plus BMW now offers it's new Active Security System or ASS. It sends a
100,000 volt charge to anyone stupid enough to touch your car and knocks them on their ASS............
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep

Hello Macho Mr. Marvolous; Here is a "man" that went for Arctic White

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33902
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Go with a light color, have the car lifted to clear potholes, have the car covered in clearbra!
      10-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6
OK there is only one color that will work..............SG

Sparkling Graphite looks awesome AND is not so dark that it will look like crap right away and is not so bright that it will attract attention from
!$@#*)&% hole keyscratchers. It is a very neutral color and yet in the sun
looks awesome. It also will not be nearly as common as silver. Definitely not
girlie like Arctic and Montego Blu looks like a giant cough drop/throat lozenge
with wheels........

Plus BMW now offers it's new Active Security System or ASS. It sends a
100,000 volt charge to anyone stupid enough to touch your car and knocks them on their ASS............
dude thats very dark

I d rather prefer space grey instead of that
      10-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #22
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

I am going with the sparkling graphite for exactly the same reasons Mavelous outlined in the first post. but recently i am seeing posts about that color looking purplish in some lighting conditions.... so i am now concerned. any input on this?