E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New Rear bumber cover?

01-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
rhodesman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [10.00]
New Rear bumber cover?

Hey All,

So this past weekend I picked up my new to me 335 and all I can say is wow! I am so impressed by this beast! I love it! The car mechanically is flawless, 42,000 miles (not the 38,000 I was told what whatevs, still got warranty and service to 100k!) however the paint has some issues. Nothing like insanly problematic. Mostly swirl and some water spot marks which some TLC and a weekend of Zanio treatment I can get rid of but the bigger issue is the rear bumper.

I might have mentioned before but my Mom in all her wisdom backed into a metal pole with PDC on. Now it's nothing totally major, just a small dent/scuff in the rear bumper cover which can easily be replaced. Also the bumper has a LOT of scratches in it from what looks like someone swiping the car getting in or out of a parallel parking space.

So my question is this: we had agreed to have her insurance pay for the damage to get the rear back to normal however I wonder if maybe I can find a rear 335i bumper painted in Jet black, a simple swap would fix everything and save my Mom some money and from getting dinged by her insurance and me without the car for a period of time while they paint and attach a new cover.

If that may work, minus scouring junk yards for 335 parts, is there any online resource that may have parts that I am looking for? In the VW world there were a few used parts distributors that had sites and also were part of the forums to help people get what they needed. Are there any such resources available on here?

Thanks for the help and pics are on the way, should have some up later tonight =)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Get an Mtech rear bumper.
Appreciate 0