E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > SES light on

01-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

SES light on

My SES light is on. I'm due for service...oil change due in 180 miles, per computer. Is this why its on or is it something else? Not sure if the SES light comes on when service is due.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

I'm not totall sure but when I got my service notification, my ses light came on like a couple of days later and it went out like 5 days later and I took it for service two days after that.

Recently i got the ses light for a few days but it went away after I cleaned the interior. Coincidence? Idk

I don't know if the ses light is supposed to go on when service is due
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
My SES light is on. I'm due for service...oil change due in 180 miles, per computer. Is this why its on or is it something else? Not sure if the SES light comes on when service is due.
IDK about the need for regularly sched maint, but it you may be throwing a code for some reason. Since you appear to be stock and due anyway, just bring her in and tell 'em.

If you had mods and just aren't listing 'em see if you can use a BT scanner to read codes. My SES comes on periodically in this weather since I am running Catless DP's.
      01-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
waylap
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

My SES light was a demon for 2 months. It came on- was told it was just a loose gas cap, then again 1 week later- they replaced the leak detection pump on the gas tank, third time- I think they cut the wire that goes to the light to finally end the problem! Basically if you get an SES light, it has something to do with your emission control, exhaust or fuel tank venting system- a real pain in the a$$ with nothing technally wrong with the car. I truly do think they somehow cut off the signal to my SES light so that it wont keep coming on for no "good" reason.
      01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

i went in for service last friday to have the SES light check out, my SA told me that my Map Thermostat is faulty so they replaced it and the light went away. You should ask them about it when you do your oil change.

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeclueless View Post
i went in for service last friday to have the SES light check out, my SA told me that my Map Thermostat is faulty so they replaced it and the light went away. You should ask them about it when you do your oil change.
thanks! Will def have them check that out.
Appreciate 0