E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Service Surveys (moved)

01-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT

Service Surveys (moved)

Decided to move this to a more popular section to maybe got some opinion. I was getting no love in the maintenance and service section.

What is the point of these surveys you get to fill out? You go to the dealership, then you get an email from the service adviser that day warning you of a survey coming and to fill it our favorably. What if your adviser did a great job, but other spects of the service department are lacking? He tells me, although not all questions partain to him personally, but all effect his well being. Kind of a lot of pressure. If I have issues with my dealer and I can not be honest on a survey rating there performance then what is the point?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

you should absolutely honest with your survey!

there are multiple questions and fields where you can praise your SA but criticize the dealership

dont get bullied into writing a good review if you werent satisfied. they try to make you write good surveys because each time they get a bad survey, BMW NA gangs up on them and the dealer gets in trouble. if they get enough bad reviews, the dealer can lose their license to sell the brand
      01-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

That is why it is like a double edged sword, if I am honest I have to go back in there and these people are taking care of my car. I don't want any problems. But on the other hand the service sucked and they are asking my opinion and the only way to change things is for people to give honest feedback. I emailed back the SA and explained my situation and told him I will not lie , and let him know my feelings about my visit.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
If you are unsatisfied then tell the SA why, and ask who you should raise your complaints to. They should make it right. They want all 5's on these surveys like you wouldn't believe.
      01-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Unless BMW has changed their methodology the survey results are actually pass/fail. If your SA was great but the technician screwed up, an unfavorable survey will hurt the SA. You also have to distinguish between being unhappy about a BMWNA policy vs. something the Service dept did/did not do.

What is it exactly that they screwed up?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

Maybe I am overreacting a bit, you guys be the judge. A couple of things, I bought my car brand new a couple weeks ago, a week after ownership I notice my exhaust tips are unaligned. So I decide to call the dealership to make an appointment, I call for over 40 minutes trying to speak to a person, not a machine. I can never get a SA I always directed to voicemails. I finally get a human, they tell me they have just closed, I then proceed to make an appointment for the next day, explaining whats wrong with my car. I show up the next day, they SA looks and says, okay we can't do anything about this today, you are going to have to make an appointment. So,I made an appointment to come in, take time off work to have someone tell me to make an appointment and come in again? That doesn't seem right. Then when I pick the car, they run it through the wash, it comes out, with water spots all over, the car was clean when I brough it in, then they decide to take it in for a wash and don't know how to try it properly. I did not have my absorber so I asked the porter for a towel or something, I said they had none, and he could run it through the wash again if I wished. I said no thanks and left, went home and wash my car. So you tell me if I am overreacting.

I used to have an Infiniti before this and there service was great, I always thought BMW was a step up, guess not.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

I just did one for my car and I praised the SA really highly because he's great but I asked them to contact me and the contact email wanted to know what was wrong with the dealer and I replied nothing and that the service and especially advisor was great and even mentioned by name how great he was. I then went on to say that the problem is the car and that it is BMWs problem that I cannot stand, to which I have had no reply.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts335coupe View Post
Maybe I am overreacting a bit, you guys be the judge. A couple of things, I bought my car brand new a couple weeks ago, a week after ownership I notice my exhaust tips are unaligned. So I decide to call the dealership to make an appointment, I call for over 40 minutes trying to speak to a person, not a machine. I can never get a SA I always directed to voicemails. I finally get a human, they tell me they have just closed, I then proceed to make an appointment for the next day, explaining whats wrong with my car. I show up the next day, they SA looks and says, okay we can't do anything about this today, you are going to have to make an appointment. So,I made an appointment to come in, take time off work to have someone tell me to make an appointment and come in again? That doesn't seem right. Then when I pick the car, they run it through the wash, it comes out, with water spots all over, the car was clean when I brough it in, then they decide to take it in for a wash and don't know how to try it properly. I did not have my absorber so I asked the porter for a towel or something, I said they had none, and he could run it through the wash again if I wished. I said no thanks and left, went home and wash my car. So you tell me if I am overreacting.

I used to have an Infiniti before this and there service was great, I always thought BMW was a step up, guess not.
that is absurd! from what it sounds like you have a broken hanger on the exhaust!

your SA sounds like he sucks too if he is jerking you around like this, I would have NO problem giving them an awful survey, and i would switch dealers too

did you ask them not to wash your car?
      01-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Decided to move this to a more popular section to maybe got some opinion. I was getting no love in the maintenance and service section.

What is the point of these surveys you get to fill out? You go to the dealership, then you get an email from the service adviser that day warning you of a survey coming and to fill it our favorably. What if your adviser did a great job, but other spects of the service department are lacking? He tells me, although not all questions partain to him personally, but all effect his well being. Kind of a lot of pressure. If I have issues with my dealer and I can not be honest on a survey rating there performance then what is the point?
Service surveys are the greatest thing in the world!!! Its your best leverage to get them to do shit. Getting a bad survey to your SA is worse than losing your business, this is how serious these survies are to them. Service survey is the reason my SA activated my alarm for me for FREE when the dealership next city over wants $440 for it... I love survies and I always assumed the survies are confidential so I don't think you should worry about retaliation from the dealership...unless I am wrong iono
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Service surveys are the greatest thing in the world!!! Its your best leverage to get them to do shit. Getting a bad survey to your SA is worse than losing your business, this is how serious these survies are to them. Service survey is the reason my SA activated my alarm for me for FREE when the dealership next city over wants $440 for it... I love survies and I always assumed the survies are confidential so I don't think you should worry about retaliation from the dealership...unless I am wrong iono
I figured they were confidential also, but last time I wanted to be honest I got a mouthfull from my SA. Very unprofessional, which is why I am using someone else, he was very nice, but there were things about the dealership that were not so great and had nothing to do with him.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
uhh not necessarily, i made a complaint on one of my reviews that i brought my car to them freshly clean and detailed to fix the window, and they gave it back to me unbelievably dirty, this was in the space of a day when there was no rain....next thing i know, i get an email back from the dealer telling me to bring my car in for the swirl machine....needless to say, i told them forget it

Quote:
I figured they were confidential also, but last time I wanted to be honest I got a mouthfull from my SA. Very unprofessional, which is why I am using someone else, he was very nice, but there were things about the dealership that were not so great and had nothing to do with him.
guy sounds like a jackass, give him his bad review already
      01-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:

FYI..almost all exhausts on the 335i are slightly misaligned. Now I agree it's crazy to schedule an appoint only to be told you have to re-schedule another one.

I would not get worked up over the car wash unless they damage the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #13
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
FYI..almost all exhausts on the 335i are slightly misaligned. Now I agree it's crazy to schedule an appoint only to be told you have to re-schedule another one.

I would not get worked up over the car wash unless they damage the car.
My car came with the BMW Performance Exhaust installed at the port, this is where the problem occurred, the car being wet is not a huge deal, but I did take off work in the middle of the day at 2:00pm for the only appointment to be told, I would have to make an appointment next week and then take off work again. I didn't realize you need a consutation before a service, its not plastic surgery lol
Appreciate 0