E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > So $367 later....

01-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

So $367 later....

as some of you know i did a trip to vegas. well on the way back through the rocky mountains to denver my tire monitor pops on my dash...didnt really think to much of it cuz of the altitude i was at and the temperature (15 degrees or so) as the sensor goes off regularly. well anyways last night i notice my tire was low so i put some air into it and reset everything. well i get home and park the car and come out this morning and the tire was flat again. so i call the local shop where i bought it and i know the service writer from working at a dealership with him before and tell him i have a flat. says just bring it in and well figure it out. well they look at it and the tire is completely flat, but the rim was cracked. it cracked about 1/4 of the way across the rim. so i had to buy a new rim. cost me 367 bucks for parts and labor.

not only that but i have an interlock on my car (dui), well after starting the car for them as they are taking it to wash it i tell them that if it starts to beep that i need to come and blow into it. well they graciously didnt do that so i ran out of the rest of my alloted violations, so i had to go and spend an extra 50 bucks to get that thing working properly again.

and then i had some road rage with a guy.

all in all its been a shitty day and this coors light is tasting mighty fine right now...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Gotta love Mondays......
      01-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
JoeDirte
Blee
Poland
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-TT View Post
as some of you know i did a trip to vegas. well on the way back through the rocky mountains to denver my tire monitor pops on my dash...didnt really think to much of it cuz of the altitude i was at and the temperature (15 degrees or so) as the sensor goes off regularly. well anyways last night i notice my tire was low so i put some air into it and reset everything. well i get home and park the car and come out this morning and the tire was flat again. so i call the local shop where i bought it and i know the service writer from working at a dealership with him before and tell him i have a flat. says just bring it in and well figure it out. well they look at it and the tire is completely flat, but the rim was cracked. it cracked about 1/4 of the way across the rim. so i had to buy a new rim. cost me 367 bucks for parts and labor.

not only that but i have an interlock on my car (dui), well after starting the car for them as they are taking it to wash it i tell them that if it starts to beep that i need to come and blow into it. well they graciously didnt do that so i ran out of the rest of my alloted violations, so i had to go and spend an extra 50 bucks to get that thing working properly again.

all in all its been a shitty day and this coors light is tasting mighty fine right now...

How much(Percentage wise) did your insurance go up after the DUI?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Just another manic monday.. whoa whoa
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Igor561- i dont know percentages per say cuz i didnt really have my own insurance as i had just gotten out of the military and was on my parents insurance. so obviously i lost my license. when i was able to drive again i had a 94 lexus and was paying 154 a month. now the 07 335i is costing 190 a month
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

DAMN!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

Methinks you should be very careful about what you post. The interlock doesn't get ordered for the first DUI so you have a pretty poor track record with alcohol.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
hsleiman
First Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 11 e90 335xi PPK 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
Methinks you should be very careful about what you post. The interlock doesn't get ordered for the first DUI so you have a pretty poor track record with alcohol.
False, one of my best friends definitely got interlock on his first and only DUI with no prior lawbreaking history. Varies by state and judge I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

ouch that sucks
      01-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleiman View Post
False, one of my best friends definitely got interlock on his first and only DUI with no prior lawbreaking history. Varies by state and judge I guess.
ya i have only had one too
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
cb1111
Rep

Quote:
ya i have only had one too
Ahhhh - why do I have a hard time believing that? From the Colorado law:
------------------------------------------------
Ignition Interlock and Interlock Restricted Licenses

As of January 1, 2001, repeat alcohol offenders are required to have the Ignition Interlock when they reinstate driving privileges. C.R.S. 42-2-132.5. Their reinstated licenses are restricted to the use of vehicles equipped with an Ignition Interlock device for at least the period of one year.

You will be required to have the Ignition Interlock device:

If

Your license was revoked due to convictions for two alcohol-related driving offenses in five years (2DD),
Your license was revoked due to convictions for three alcohol-related driving offenses in your lifetime (3DD), or
Your license was revoked due to your being designated an Habitual Offender and at least one of your underlying convictions was for an alcohol-related driving offense (HTO/Alc);
And

Your last offense occurred after July 1, 2000.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

Ahhhhh Vegas!
      01-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
cb1111
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleiman View Post
From WV laws:

First West Virginia DUI Offense

1st Drunk Driving Conviction
Jail – Up to 6 Months
Jail – From 2 Days to 6 Months (Blood Alcohol Level .15 or Above)
Jail – From 2 Days to 12 Months (Minor Under 16 in Vehicle)
Fine – From $100 to $500
Fine – From $100 to $1,000 (Blood Alcohol Level .15 or Above)
Fine – From $200 to $1,000 (Minor under 16 in Vehicle)
License Suspension – 15 Days
License Suspension – 45 Days (Blood Alcohol Level .15 or Above)
Ignition Interlock Possible
Second West Virginia DUI Offense
2nd Drunk Driving Conviction
Jail – From 6 Months to 12 Months
Fine – From $1,000 to $3,000

License Suspension – 1 Year
Ignition Interlock Required
Third West Virginia DUI Offense
3rd Drunk Driving Conviction
Felony Offense
Jail – From 1 Year to 3 Years
Fine – From $3,000 to $5,000
License Suspension – 1 Year
Ignition Interlock Required
-----------------------------------

AFAIK, no state has a mandatory interlock following the first conviction, but some states (like VA and WV) allow the voluntary participation to reduce sentencing.

I'm not sure why anyone is defending the OP - he was convicted of DUI and continues to drink. It is only a matter of time before he has another DUI. The recidivism rate for DUI is quite astronomical, reaching well over 65%. While interlock devices lower this rate, studies have shown that most drivers get their follow-on DUI conviction driving a car without an interlock.

My original post, before it was taken out of context, was to warn the OP that he should be careful about what he posts in an open forum. A comment about road rage and drinking beer don't go together well after a comment about a DUI conviction.

I'm out of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
deepfriedarjun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 328xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
AFAIK, no state has a mandatory interlock following the first conviction, but some states (like VA and WV) allow the voluntary participation to reduce sentencing.

I'm not sure why anyone is defending the OP - he was convicted of DUI and continues to drink. It is only a matter of time before he has another DUI. The recidivism rate for DUI is quite astronomical, reaching well over 65%. While interlock devices lower this rate, studies have shown that most drivers get their follow-on DUI conviction driving a car without an interlock.

My original post, before it was taken out of context, was to warn the OP that he should be careful about what he posts in an open forum. A comment about road rage and drinking beer don't go together well after a comment about a DUI conviction.

I'm out of this thread.
Wow, I have been lurking on this forum for just over a year, and I've resisted the urge to sign up many times (so I don't get even MORE addicted to this place!), but this post in particular made me sign up out of sheer indignation.

Do you understand what the term "statistics" mean? You say "It is only a matter of time before he has another DUI," meaning that it will happen for a fact. It also says "The recidivism rate for DUI is quite astronomical, reaching well over 65%,". Doesn't that also mean 35% of people do NOT get another DUI? Are you telling me it is completely impossible for this guy to be part of that 35%?

Come on dude, who are you to judge this guy? I hate drunk drivers, trust me, but maybe try giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. You, quite frankly, seem like the kind of person that make people hate us BMW drivers and think of us as assholes, but somehow, it doesn't seem like a stretch to see you swerving around the road on your cell in your BMW being a general douche bag.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #15
JerzeySux
UrMother
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 335xiE92

Interlocks right before rehab brother lol..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm out of this thread.[/QUOTE]

wrong buddy. in colorado if you blew a .17 or higher on your first offense its a mandatory 2 years with interlock. get your facts straight before you speak.

look it doesnt matter if i continue to drink or not. i by no means go out of my way and get wasted whenever possible. i do like to have a few drinks and have always planned accordingly now.

now you guys are to tell me that none of you have gone out to happy hour after work and had some drinks and then went home? you may not be drunk but trust me the alcohol is still in your system

:finger:

thanks to the people that havent said anything too negative
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #17
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeySux View Post
Interlocks right before rehab brother lol..
haha
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfriedarjun View Post
Wow, I have been lurking on this forum for just over a year, and I've resisted the urge to sign up many times (so I don't get even MORE addicted to this place!), but this post in particular made me sign up out of sheer indignation.

Do you understand what the term "statistics" mean? You say "It is only a matter of time before he has another DUI," meaning that it will happen for a fact. It also says "The recidivism rate for DUI is quite astronomical, reaching well over 65%,". Doesn't that also mean 35% of people do NOT get another DUI? Are you telling me it is completely impossible for this guy to be part of that 35%?

Come on dude, who are you to judge this guy? I hate drunk drivers, trust me, but maybe try giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. You, quite frankly, seem like the kind of person that make people hate us BMW drivers and think of us as assholes, but somehow, it doesn't seem like a stretch to see you swerving around the road on your cell in your BMW being a general douche bag.

appreciate the words my friend...glad you joined up cuz i started this thread. welcome to the forum...haha
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
redsoxx
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

wow

Wow.........you already have a lock because of a DUI and are bragging about drinking more! Let us know where you hang out so we can keep our families away from you. We don't want them killed by you.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #20
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor561 View Post
How much(Percentage wise) did your insurance go up after the DUI?
My understanding is that there are multiple problems. I remember a buddy saying for one, he had a hard time finding insurance period. Next, there was a 100% surcharge, and it did not fall off in 3 years. It was surchargeable for 5 years, AND it would not drop off the record for 10, which meant again no coverage by the best plans.

So from what my former friend said, it would be as if it lingers for 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
E90-TT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx View Post
Wow.........you already have a lock because of a DUI and are bragging about drinking more! Let us know where you hang out so we can keep our families away from you. We don't want them killed by you.
by no means am i bragging about drinking?

what is your guys problem?
Appreciate 0