BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Problems at 40,000km

So, my mum drives an MY07 X3 2.5si. It's been having some strange issues with the way the car behaves when changing gears and when accelerating.

Symptoms include:

Clunky shifts at low speed (it's an auto)

Noisy shifts at carpark speeds (especially from 1st to 2nd, the car emits a series of loud grinding sounds everytime)

ESP cuts engine power even with moderate throttle application in order to maintain speed. This usually happens when the car is under load, like going up a hill. The car emits this whining noise before the DSC light flashes resulting in the car limping up the hill at around 40kph.

I have taken the car in to BMW service and spoken to the service advisors on her behalf. The first time, they said that the transmission fluid needed topping up, and they replaced the throttle body (?).

However, this didn't really fix anything at all. Took the car in again last week, and today they called me saying that the transfer case for the 4WD system needed replacing. 12-14 working days for part to arrive from Germany

Hope this fixes the problems with the car

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

The transmission is a "learning" type and has that kind of symptoms, that will go away. I just had my 2006 3.0D re programmed the engine and trasmission software to cure it. So far no issues on that.
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convertible View Post
The transmission is a "learning" type and has that kind of symptoms, that will go away. I just had my 2006 3.0D re programmed the engine and trasmission software to cure it. So far no issues on that.
The dealer has already looked at that - reset all the software and they've said it's definitely a hardware issue. Will bring car back in after new years.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0