European Auto Source (EAS)

12-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
s99ane
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Replacement brake pads M3

Hi all,

Need some help. I need to repalce the standard front pads on the car asap.

The car is a daily driver with fast road use and possibly a track day or two a year.

I would like something with better performance than the standard pads which lasted 18k and less dust issues if possible.
I have tried Performance Friction but they do not have the 918 available yet. What esle is out there at the mo. I only want replacment pads and not a full set up.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Bolt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s99ane View Post

Hi all,

Need some help. I need to repalce the standard front pads on the car asap.

The car is a daily driver with fast road use and possibly a track day or two a year.

I would like something with better performance than the standard pads which lasted 18k and less dust issues if possible.
I have tried Performance Friction but they do not have the 918 available yet. What esle is out there at the mo. I only want replacment pads and not a full set up.

Thanks
not checked if you can get them for M3's , but i put EBC 'red stuff' pads in my old RS4 - and they were excellent. Good stopping power but limited dust..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
steviecon
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

i had pagid rs-19 pads on over summer. great on track and fairly useable day to day( if you don't mind a bit of squealing ). pretty expensive though. set of front pads will cost you the best part of £300.
have seen ebc yellowstuff pads on some websites too for about a third of that price. haven't tried them but heard they are not bad. not too sure about the redstuff pads. again no experience with them but i think it depends on what you want them for. a friend of mine hade them on his golf gti and they fell apart on the track and pretty much wrecked his discs and callipers. if its day to day driving you're after they might be ok.
haven't seen much else on offer which is quite surprising considering the cars have been about for a while. you should call thorney motorsports ,or somewhere similair ,who know about these things for some advice

Last edited by steviecon; 12-06-2009 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: mistake
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
steviecon
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

just re-read your original post. the pagids are probably your best bet if you plan on going on track and they are supposed to be quite friendly on the discs( for race pads ). there's plenty of info on the net. you just have to watch when they are cold as they tend to be a bit grabby and can be a bit noisy.

i switched back to my stock pads for winter as i don't plan on going on track until the summer. wish i hadn't bothered. nowhere near as much stopping power and if anything they are squealing more than the pagids now.

having said that you could try the yellowstuff pads at a fraction of the cost and be the first to give some feedback.

let us know how you get on
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #5
s99ane
Private First Class
Rep

I have called a few places now and not much luck. Everyone seems to reccomend the pf products but pf uk still have no stock. I am considering shipping some over from the US. Anyone interested in a group purchase?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 05:53 AM   #6
Hayzi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike

I'd give EBC greenstuff a whirl, that's what will be going in mine once the originals are shot! Used them loads before and always been very pleased. Would fit Pagid but bit pricey
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 06:07 AM   #7
s99ane
Private First Class
Rep

Have taken the plunge and gone for the pf zrated
Have ordered from states as pf uk still have no stock
will report on how I find them. Must say it won't be difficult for them to be better than stock
      12-23-2009, 06:11 AM   #8
s99ane
Private First Class
Rep

Have taken the plunge and gone for the pf zrated
Have ordered from states as pf uk still have no stock
will report on how I find them. Must say it won't be difficult for them to be better than stock